Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improving LR RWD 0-60 Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Severe weight reduction is about all you can do at this time, and that’s not terribly practical. It’s unlikely it’s possible to significantly increase the power to the single rear motor if there was no regard for warranty.

0-60 in 5 seconds isn’t fast enough for you? Why are you in such a rush?

Speed can be intoxicating (lol).

With that being said, on the BMW board I am on, there was a discussion there about "fast" the 2016 328 is at "5.2 seconds". Tesla's really spoil you for how "fast" is "fast".

My 2016 435 M sport, with m performance pack, etc, was supposed to be around 4.8 (using launch control, etc). My model 3P makes everything else I have ever driven feel slow, at least off the line and up to something like 100.

Speed can be intoxicating (lol).

With that being said, on the BMW board I am on, there was a discussion there about "fast" the 2016 328 is at "5.2 seconds". Tesla's really spoil you for how "fast" is "fast".

My 2016 435 M sport, with m performance pack, etc, was supposed to be around 4.8 (using launch control, etc). My model 3P makes everything else I have ever driven feel slow, at least off the line and up to something like 100.
I drove a 2008 Civic before getting a Model 3 so yes, the Model 3 did spoil me lol

Reactions: 03DSG
Have some regrets about not getting the P3D+ instead but it is what it is now, but is there any way the LR RWD 0-60 times through some kind of modification? (lighter wheels, aerodynamics, lowering car, etc)

A ROUGH rule of thumb with everything else being equal is 100 lbs of weight reduction will give you 1/10’th in the quarter mile. That’s .1 of a second faster in the quarter mile for every 100 lbs.
Enjoy the acceleration you have or flip the car for a Model 3 Performance.

the acceleration is just a one trick pony which is fun every once in a while. If it is about comparing dick sizes than the even the RWD Model 3 will rinse all other cars down to 4 seconds 0-60 (the 3 gets perfect launch every time so usually wins) so it is more than enough.

I would have gladly taken 8% more efficiency and get rid of my front motor lol. That will get further amplified with the 5% increase in range upgrade.