Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In App message Action: missing billing details - Cock up or Scam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a message in my Tesla app stating that I have missing billing details for Tesla charging, yet my details are all correct. Anybody else have this message? I have not used a supercharger for a couple of months and cannot see any reason for the message. Did think it might be a scammer but the message arrived in the Tesla app in box.

I supercharged last weekend and as soon as I unplugged got an error message in the car saying that supercharging was disabled due to invalid payment. Credit card on the account expires in Jan 2024, so I added an extra credit card to the account, error message persisted. All the supercharging sessions have been paid for and there is no “pay now” button visible in the app.

I also received the notification in the app in the last hour saying again that there are missing billing details, but no email like last weekend.

I also got the message and I’m abroad from my car. I certainly wasn’t going to follow the link but went through the normal account payment details on the app and everything was correct. While I’m away from the car I am not going to reverify anything and will see what happens when I try to recharge the car on getting home. All very odd.

Mod comment - I've updated the thread title to soften the "scam" question as I think most don't think it is, but never say never,

The thread is however very valid as many seem to be getting the message and seeing others getting the same brings some reassurance its probably them and not you.

For what it's worth, I intend to ignore.

Just had a message in my Tesla app stating that I have missing billing details for Tesla charging, yet my details are all correct. Anybody else have this message? I have not used a supercharger for a couple of months and cannot see any reason for the message. Did think it might be a scammer but the message arrived in the Tesla app in box.
I received a similar message yesterday evening but it is a while since the card expired. I will check my account to see if last Sunday's Super Charge cost has been debited.

I supercharged last weekend and as soon as I unplugged got an error message in the car saying that supercharging was disabled due to invalid payment. Credit card on the account expires in Jan 2024, so I added an extra credit card to the account, error message persisted. All the supercharging sessions have been paid for and there is no “pay now” button visible in the app.

I also received the notification in the app in the last hour saying again that there are missing billing details, but no email like last weekend.
Ditto, last Saturday around lunch.