TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

In Poipu, Kauai HI on Vacation

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Woosie, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Woosie

Woosie Member

and saw a dark gray metallic M3 in a local neighborhood.

I assume this is the only M3 in Hawaii!!

2. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

#2 ℬête Noire, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Probably not, unless they had it ferried over visiting, as this one is MSM, too: How long is the wait from Order to delivery?

It might be the only one on Kauai, though?

P.S. They have to be happy about Tesla initiating the Ranger program, as I believe the only Service Center is on O'ahu. :D

3. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

There’s at least one TMC member I’ve seen here in Hawaii that got a Model 3 a few months back. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are at least a handful driving around the islands already.

4. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

I saw a couple in Oahu 2 months ago. A friend in HNL is an airline pilot and one of his benefits is free by-air auto shipping to and from Hawaii. He’s imported a couple there as well.

• Funny x 1
  5. WallyP

WallyP Member

I saw a red M3 on North Shore Oahu on Saturday. It already had local HI EV plates. Life is good for that Tesla fan...

6. Woosie

Woosie Member

It IS good, and these islands are magical!! Got here yesterday and am loving every minute of it.

It would be so cool to see any electric vehicle meet-ups while here. Wishing I had mine....

7. I_am_n8

I_am_n8 Member

I live on Oahu and took delivery of my Model 3 in April. At the time, they said it was roughly the 70th delivery on the island.

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  8. F_T_K

F_T_K Member

I visited Kaua'i a few months ago with the family, I didn't see any Teslas. And believe me, I was looking for them!

9. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

That's roughly inline per capita with Texas.

By the end of May TX had 636 Model 3s, with roughly 28x the population.