Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In reverse moving when it goes into park without command.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have about 800 miles on my TM3 all with the 10.5 update. I just updated to the 2018.12.1 just now.

Anyways this has happened 3 times to me in about 2 weeks. I'm in reverse moving very slowly when all the sudden it comes to an immediate stop and it shows it's in Park. It's kind of alarming because it happens unexpectedly. Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks for all the responses and the other similar threads. I never received any error codes and it never said to pull over or that anything was disabled. I just put it back in reverse and it was fine. Based off the comments: 1. no I didn't lift myself up from the seat. 2. All doors were closed. 3. I was NOT buckled so I'm thinking that might be the cause. I'm the type to pull out of a drive way and when I go into drive I then put my seatbelt on. It allows me to save a whole 2.3 seconds :). So from here on, I will buckle first and see if that does the trick. Maybe that explains why it never happens to my wife because she always buckles first.

Thanks for all the responses and the other similar threads. I never received any error codes and it never said to pull over or that anything was disabled. I just put it back in reverse and it was fine. Based off the comments: 1. no I didn't lift myself up from the seat. 2. All doors were closed. 3. I was NOT buckled so I'm thinking that might be the cause. I'm the type to pull out of a drive way and when I go into drive I then put my seatbelt on. It allows me to save a whole 2.3 seconds :). So from here on, I will buckle first and see if that does the trick. Maybe that explains why it never happens to my wife because she always buckles first.

I had the same issue when rolling very slowly in both reverse and drive, and I think it was a combination of raising out of the seat and not buckling the seat belt when I was moving the car around my driveway. It's actually very easy for me to reproduce without a seat belt and raising slightly out of the seat (say, if you're turning around to look behind you as you reverse). No longer happens once I started paying attention to those two things.