Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inaccurate power consumption after swapping tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did my seasonal tire swap and took the winter tires off and put the summer tires on. This is not a question about relative power consumption between the two sets. Rather, I noticed that since doing the swap, the trip meter and the power consumption chart don't match. Normally (I think) that if you've driven 5 miles, the average consumption shown for your trip should pretty much match the average consumption shown on the energy chart if you have it set to the last 5 miles. However now it's drastically different. My trip meter showed 283 Wh/mile, and the chart showed me 441 Wh/mile. Can anyone else confirm this is odd behavior?

PXL_20230413_115208571 - Copy.jpg

I just did my seasonal tire swap and took the winter tires off and put the summer tires on. This is not a question about relative power consumption between the two sets. Rather, I noticed that since doing the swap, the trip meter and the power consumption chart don't match. Normally (I think) that if you've driven 5 miles, the average consumption shown for your trip should pretty much match the average consumption shown on the energy chart if you have it set to the last 5 miles. However now it's drastically different. My trip meter showed 283 Wh/mile, and the chart showed me 441 Wh/mile. Can anyone else confirm this is odd behavior?
Have you told the car about your wheel/tire change in the configuration?

1681406126590.png

Reactions: GtiMart

View attachment 928004
It's probably coincidental, that you just noticed it now, since several of us have noticed the power consumption chart is way off. Everything else seems normal, just that one graph.

I did forget to tell the car that I switched to summer tires and to reset the learning, but after doing that I didn't notice any change. I checked that thread posted by evermore and based on that suggestion I tried changing my wheel type which required a reboot. I changed it back but it didn't seem to solve it for me.

If it has no impact beyond the consumption chart than I won't lose sleep over it.

Reactions: GtiMart