Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incorrect/Slow external temp reading?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not about the accuracy the temperature being displayed. It’s about the climate control not working properly due to the wrong temperature input.
The car will start to fog up after 5 minutes when the actual temperature is -20c. But the climate control thinks otherwise and doesn’t provide enough heating.
Dose anyone know where the temperature sensor is located?
I’ve experienced this also. Garage is 60 and outside was 20 F

It’s not about the accuracy the temperature being displayed. It’s about the climate control not working properly due to the wrong temperature input.
The car will start to fog up after 5 minutes when the actual temperature is -20c. But the climate control thinks otherwise and doesn’t provide enough heating.
Dose anyone know where the temperature sensor is located?
Yup. Right down front.
Tesla was feeding me some BS today about the HVAC using a different sensor... 🙄
Them testing my system and saying it's time to adjust was within spec.

Attachments

• PXL_20230317_133428763.jpg
    PXL_20230317_133428763.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 149
The issue here is trip time.
If I precondition, in the heated garage. It takes 26km to start adjusting.
It's because the start of the precondition starts the trip. The car is sitting in a warm garage for 20 mins or so.
With the ambient reading plus 10c.
Then it goes outside and takes forever to adjust.
If I don't pre-condition, it happens within minutes.
I really thought I was getting somewhere with the service people... But I guess not. Time to start monitoring vent temperature and logging data.
This would be a simple keystroke fix. Not even a service visit. Shame.

The issue here is trip time.
If I precondition, in the heated garage. It takes 26km to start adjusting.
It's because the start of the precondition starts the trip. The car is sitting in a warm garage for 20 mins or so.
With the ambient reading plus 10c.
Then it goes outside and takes forever to adjust.
If I don't pre-condition, it happens within minutes.
I really thought I was getting somewhere with the service people... But I guess not. Time to start monitoring vent temperature and logging data.
This would be a simple keystroke fix. Not even a service visit. Shame.
My garage is around 5c. And I always precondition. It happens mainly when I have the car plugged in. Like first thing in the morning. Sometimes I only need to charge every two days. It doesn’t happen in the afternoon or evening when I head out and the car is not plugged in prior driving it.
I drove some unexpected distance today in the morning and I had to plug in the car through out the afternoon and it happened when I picked up my kid.
I don’t drive on the highway but the temperature will start to read correctly after about 10 to 15 minutes.