Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Independent Shops in SoCal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the day finally arrived (1k miles after the warranty expired), my passenger door handle is presenting but not opening.

I ordered the part and am planning on doing the fix myself since i've taken doors on my other cars apart before and the Electrified Garage's guide doesn't look too bad.

but, does anyone know of shops in SoCal if I'd rather pay someone to do this?

Reactions: derkan
Thanks. Contacted them to see what the options are

Thanks to COVID Manhattan Beach is a lot shorter drive than it usually is.

If for whatever reason they don't work out, we are a TAB shop in Orange County that has been doing the bulk of the service center's collision repair and internal Tesla work. We work with Costa Mesa, Lake Forest, Santa Ana, Buena Park and the Tesla-owned Pomona body shop. Our location in Orange is strictly Tesla-only. We do not work on any other vehicle there and have ex-Tesla technicians on site, as well.

Feel free to give us a call if you're still looking for someone. Even if you decide to take it elsewhere, we're happy to answer any questions and assist in any way we can. (714) 283-8808

So update for anyone interested in this thread.

Called Executive Motorworks and they can do the door handle rebuild. Labor about $300 (Kit is $170) Probably better than getting a new handle from Tesla that will fail eventually

Estimator at Diamond said this was something I'd need to go to Tesla for.