Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indiana AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah thanks! Hope you get yours later this week too. Got a call feel Tesla a few hours ago, was very worried thinking my appt will be cancelled, but they just called to confirm everything and that I'm good to go for tomorrow!
Please confirm back once you have it and no delivery issues.

Most dangerous road in Indy right now for pedestrians is Castleton Corner Dr. There is just no way to drive off with out at least slightly gunning it.

I forced my 81 year old Dad to take a turn at the wheel this past weekend (a bit against his wishes—he didnt want to damage my precious). I challenged him to floor it for a second or two...he literally got giddy. I haven’t seen that from him in at least a decade!

Please confirm back once you have it and no delivery issues.

Most dangerous road in Indy right now for pedestrians is Castleton Corner Dr. There is just no way to drive off with out at least slightly gunning it.

I forced my 81 year old Dad to take a turn at the wheel this past weekend (a bit against his wishes—he didnt want to damage my precious). I challenged him to floor it for a second or two...he literally got giddy. I haven’t seen that from him in at least a decade!

Will do. Thanks for the heads up!

Just wanted to give my delivery experience. Reached about 15 mins before delivery. Everything was pleasant, from the trade in to signing of the paperwork, to the explanation of the features. The vehicle was about 70ish percent charged and they allowed me to charge to 90 at the delivery center.

About the car itself. Wow. Just wow. The drive itself is amazing but it did take me a few to get used to the regen braking lol. I do have a few issues with the car, but was told Tesla will take care of it.

Just wanted to give my delivery experience. Reached about 15 mins before delivery. Everything was pleasant, from the trade in to signing of the paperwork, to the explanation of the features. The vehicle was about 70ish percent charged and they allowed me to charge to 90 at the delivery center.

About the car itself. Wow. Just wow. The drive itself is amazing but it did take me a few to get used to the regen braking lol. I do have a few issues with the car, but was told Tesla will take care of it.
Congrats systemaccezz!!

Just confirmed my Model 3 is in Indy now and I should be good to go for delivery tomorrow @ 9:30!!
Happy for both of you. One thing about the journey to actually get our cars, I do feel a greater sense of appreciation for having to work to get it. It is frustratingly and strangely more satisfying than just walking onto a dealer’s lot, making the decision to buy, and coming home same day with a new car.

That's great to hear! After my first delivery was cancelled, I waited a few weeks with no new delivery being scheduled, so I contacted my delivery advisor. He quickly replied back with a new date for me of Tuesday October 23 at 5 PM. Hope this one comes through!

Not sure if there is a Indy P3D page but it's AWD, so i'm posting here.
Order:10/27
Blue P3D+, White interior with EAP
Indy Delivery
Estimated: 4 to 8 weeks but i'm expecting probably Dec '18.

Fingers crossed on getting it before end of year.

I took delivery yesterday. There was a paint defect on the left rear quarter panel that had to be fixed at a body/paint shop in Zionsville, so there were some delays over the course of about a week where we had to play it day by day. The staff at the Indy SC are amazing, keeping in contact and answering all questions promptly. I was especially impressed after hearing about issues people have had at SCs in other parts of the country. I think we are lucky with what we have here in Indy.

About the car... I have driven many new cars in the last 10 years, mostly through work where I have to travel a lot and will get brand new rentals, and I have also owned a few EVs (Volt, Kia Soul EV), and the Model 3 outshines them all in every way. Really really blown away. The build quality is flawless, and the paint defect that the shop fixed is totally undetectable, even when I was specifically looking for it. The performance of the car is a little overwhelming at first, and I didn't even give it all it had, but had to let off from fear of losing my lunch :D

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity
There was a paint defect on the left rear quarter panel that had to be fixed at a body/paint shop in Zionsville, so there were some delays over the course of about a week where we had to play it day by day. The staff at the Indy SC are amazing, keeping in contact and answering all questions promptly. I was especially impressed after hearing about issues people have had at SCs in other parts of the country. I think we are lucky with what we have here in Indy.

I am glad to hear you had a positive experience. It's funny how experiences can vary...

I took delivery recently at the Castleton location as well which was a pretty great and pleasant experience - I was over the moon after the 2+ year wait. The driving experience is more than excellent. These cars are truly the future. I scheduled service for defects like you, waited a few weeks for the appointment, dropped the car off, all was well. Fairly positive experience other than them sort of questioning damage on both sideskirts under the car where there were multiple matching punctures on both sides through the plastic from transport probably. They really should inspect the cars before delivery...

Anyways, that is about where my positive experience with Indianapolis / Castleton ended. To condense the experience as much as humanly possible I will try to just summarize the main points.

I was alerted that the car was bouncing off my speed limit set at 85. Mentioned it and got no response. Could see the car was left outdoors unlocked after hours. Then the paint work at Connan's came back worse than before it went to them. On the return trip from Connan's the car once again bounced off the 85 mph speed limit with fresh paint. Questioned again and the service manager apologized. Then mobile access was disabled... The front bumper was damaged as well at some point and had to be repaired. The car went back to Connan's a 2nd time, came back with EVERY single piece of glass damaged and requiring EVERY single piece of glass to be replaced. How would you like that news on your new 60k car? There were still dust nibs/fish eye in the paint, paint run on edge of door, holograms in all of the paint - probably from the 'detail' job back at service. Over the next few weeks service replaced all of the glass which also added scuffs, scratches, punctures, and tool marks to many interior panels including using the wrong chemicals on the piano black materials which damaged the finish. While I did not know the current state of the car, they worked out a so-so deal with me to take the no longer new car back rather than request a replacement which was said to take months, be a huge hassle, cost me money, etc.

After 5 weeks, I got the call that the car was ready and in excellent condition. I drove the 2+ hrs to review it and found the minor but still present paint issues, the newly added interior damage to quite a few panels, and work that was supposed to be completed on the repair order that had indeed not been complete. An example would be the broken headliner that was replaced with another MORE broken headliner just to say they 'attempted repair' so they could stop the clock (in my opinion) before it hit the 30 business days that would meet lemon law criteria. The service manager tried to renig on the verbal agreement we made the day prior and would not let me leave with the loaner I drove up in and leave the car there for them to finish the repair order and fix the newly added damage. I was unable to decline the repair... He stated that I was required to take the car and schedule a new appointment since none of the remaining issues are safety related and if I got a taxi and left the car, it would be unsecured and any damage incurred would be my responsibility.

It was a terrible no good very bad experience... I am still left with a damaged car and the agreement not met a week after pickup.

While I am glad this doesn't happen to everyone, it should not happen to anyone...

Very deflated and my trust with Castleton has unfortunately been lost when I am sure 95% of the guys are absolutely top notch.

I feel if I do not mention my experience, I am kind of propagating the problem because things don't change if they aren't out in the open.

I truly wish everyone the experience they deserve and am sure most will get it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rarity
Just got an email from the inside delivery advisor saying car will be ready for pickup on 11/20
Congrats and enjoy. Picked up late Sept. approx 1700 miles in a month. LOVE IT! Two firmware upgrades in a month. Better car than when I bought it! And...I let my neighbor drive my AWD. He is a big Porsche guy. He giggled over the Tesla. He was very surprised that the torque in M3 blew away his brand new Porsche. He is converted. I fully expect a Tesla in his near future.

I feel if I do not mention my experience, I am kind of propagating the problem because things don't change if they aren't out in the open.

I truly wish everyone the experience they deserve and am sure most will get it.

Thanks for telling us about your experience, even though it is an unfortunate one. I am sorry to hear that there may be some issues going on at our service center, and that you experienced the worst of it during the very first part of your new ownership. I do agree with you that most of the folks are wonderful, but the only ones I have interacted with so far have been in the initial delivery experience. I hope you stay vigilant and make them make the car right for you, and give us an update on how it all turns out. Even with my good experience and initial assessment of the car as being flawless, I have found some minor issues which I plan to have corrected. The main one is the rear passenger side door which will not close half the time, and I must slam it shut to get it to close even then. Also a few tiny paint imperfections that didn't become apparent until I had a detailing shop apply paint protection film, but now that they're covered there's likely no easy way to correct them.

Thanks for telling us about your experience, even though it is an unfortunate one. I am sorry to hear that there may be some issues going on at our service center, and that you experienced the worst of it during the very first part of your new ownership. I do agree with you that most of the folks are wonderful, but the only ones I have interacted with so far have been in the initial delivery experience. I hope you stay vigilant and make them make the car right for you, and give us an update on how it all turns out. Even with my good experience and initial assessment of the car as being flawless, I have found some minor issues which I plan to have corrected. The main one is the rear passenger side door which will not close half the time, and I must slam it shut to get it to close even then. Also a few tiny paint imperfections that didn't become apparent until I had a detailing shop apply paint protection film, but now that they're covered there's likely no easy way to correct them.

Thanks, Roci. Delivery really was a good experience and I was very pleased with everyone on the team that I interacted with. I think if the paint work wasn't subbed out (or if the paint didn't need rework in the first place...) then things would have went much smoother. It really was tough after waiting since 2016 to be getting call after call regarding oops, this was damaged, oops that was damaged, here's your car back after 5 weeks with some things not done and some additional damage and wear and tear added, take it off our lot now and we'll finish it down the road and your concessions will be provided later and no we can't put it in writing.

I think I was digging my heels in and they were as well and both sides probably could have done a better job. I was being nit picky probably since the car was brand new and freshly detailed when dropped off, and I expected similar condition back except with the defects addressed, and it didn't meet my expectations. I think they did try harder than I gave them credit for and I do appreciate the efforts of the service team and assume their work load has been a bit overwhelming with all the deliveries this year.

I did finally get the concessions Indy mgmt agreed to after some back and forth. The concessions didn't quite work out the way I had hoped but I think it was mostly 'fair' given that the car was put through the wringer... Still would have probably preferred a replacement, but it is what it is at this point.

The rest of the wear and tear and open issues are supposed to be resolved once parts arrive and implemented via mobile service. The paint I guess I don't have much choice other than to live with because I don't want it to go back to that body shop. I can get the holograms out with a good cut and polish, perhaps all the rough edges where they taped off can be knocked down a bit as well, and I will just have to deal with the remaining inclusions... from a few feet away, it's not a big deal. Outside of the minor fit and finish bits, the car is amazing compared to my old Acura with the 'tech' package, lol. (Acura fit and finish was way better though, and still quieter road noise wise)

My advice to you on your issues... I am sure they can handle the door issue no problem. The paint.... I would strongly consider either not having it addressed, or asking for service credit because they only use the one body shop and I wouldn't want anyone to have a similar experience over minor blemishes...