Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Induction 20” tires - best mileage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any suggestions on 3 season tires for the 20’s. After burning through the Goodyears, I got some 255/45/20 CrossClimate 2’s for the winter. They worked well as winter tires but my wh/mi jumped from around 280 to around 330. I‘m thinking of getting some summer tires but not sure what to get. Maybe just get the Goodyear f1’s again as the EV specific tires seem hard to find, something with ”Low Rolling Resistance”?

Have a trip coming up in a week where I’ve got a tight stretch of about 140 miles with no charging access and with bike+roof carriers I averaged around 450 wh/mi last trip.

Reactions: ⚡️Mr. JARE_EE
Old thread, but I have an MYP the came with 21in wheels.

I got a really good deal on some M3P Uberterbine 9x20s, and I put the OEM Goodyear F1 AS on those rims:

1) the tires are a little proud, so no crub rash!
2) I got a 10% increase in mileage
3) the MYP takes bumps alot better now, and the ride is slightly more confortable

I keep coming back to the Vredestein Quatrac Pro tire as a good choice when faced with replacing the OE 19" Continental or the OE 20" Goodyear F1 tires The Vred is a middle of the road European tire manufacturer but that is saying a lot in terms of what European drivers expect from their tires. Reviews have stated that the Quatrac Pro all-season tire performs much better than the OE Goodyear F1 in winter driving. Expect about a 5% increase in Wh/mi consumption versus the OE tires; a reasonable trade off. Compared to the higher priced tires from Michelin, Goodyear and Continental the Vredestein tires are a bargain.

• Informative
Reactions: JonB65
Yeah, those good years were crazy expensive…

vredstein was really famous for their snow tires, and at some point they started making a lot of normal tires too. Basically they made high-performance snow tires for a long time….

Old thread, but I have an MYP the came with 21in wheels.

I got a really good deal on some M3P Uberterbine 9x20s, and I put the OEM Goodyear F1 AS on those rims:

1) the tires are a little proud, so no crub rash!
2) I got a 10% increase in mileage
3) the MYP takes bumps alot better now, and the ride is slightly more confortable
I think you'll find those OEM Goodyears are crap - ride, grip, and rim protection are lacking. I switched to the MPS AS4's at around 16K, have 21K now, and am much happier across the board. Range took an initial hit but seems to be negligible at this point.

I think you'll find those OEM Goodyears are crap - ride, grip, and rim protection are lacking. I switched to the MPS AS4's at around 16K, have 21K now, and am much happier across the board. Range took an initial hit but seems to be negligible at this point.
More than anything I wanted to see if the range was significantly different with “eco” (LRR) tires.

Turns out it is…. a out 10% greater range over the 21in Mich AS4s.

Curb rash isn’t exactly a thing of the past but it’s significantly less of a concern with the 20 inch Uberterbine‘s off a M3 performance.

I already tested this by accident and there wasn’t any rash on the wheel as the F1 ASes are a little proud over the rim. 9 vs 9.5 wheels…

Wow, do the CrossClimate2 lose that much range? I am looking to upgrade to all-weather tires for year round in the pacific north west region.
You should look at the Conti DWS 06+. I've been running these and their predecessors for 20 years. I've never had any issues, including driving to the mountains, and I live on a hill. I've never had to chain up yet. The CC2 will be better in the snow, but the DWS should do fine with PacNW weather, and they are rated much much better in dry/wet.

As far as range, the range hit seems to be minimal. I even went on a 1600 mile road trip with the OEM GY and the DWS. I didn't notice any significant range hits. I hit the same chargers, and had similar states of charge.

Reactions: ⚡️Mr. JARE_EE
I keep coming back to the Vredestein Quatrac Pro tire as a good choice when faced with replacing the OE 19" Continental or the OE 20" Goodyear F1 tires The Vred is a middle of the road European tire manufacturer but that is saying a lot in terms of what European drivers expect from their tires. Reviews have stated that the Quatrac Pro all-season tire performs much better than the OE Goodyear F1 in winter driving. Expect about a 5% increase in Wh/mi consumption versus the OE tires; a reasonable trade off. Compared to the higher priced tires from Michelin, Goodyear and Continental the Vredestein tires are a bargain.
I got only 30k on my OEM 20" tires. I also think Vredestein Quatrac Pro tires are good choice!