Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inductions and Potholes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with the 19" because of my experience with my BMW's low profile sport tires. Potholes abound here, and I went through four good tires and one cracked wheel with the Beemer. It had run flats, but two of the pothole hits were bad enough that a large portion of the sidewall blew away and it couldn't be driven without damaging the rims.

I stopped by my local SC yesterday and they let me take out a Model Y for a hour test drive. I did not think to look before I drove off, so I did not realize until I got back it had 20" wheels. I thought they were fine overall and I would take them if an inventory car became available with them. I purposely drove on rough roads and ran over potholes too.

I stopped by my local SC yesterday and they let me take out a Model Y for a hour test drive. I did not think to look before I drove off, so I did not realize until I got back it had 20" wheels. I thought they were fine overall and I would take them if an inventory car became available with them. I purposely drove on rough roads and ran over potholes too.
I did this as well. The difference between the 19" and 20" was minimal but I preferred the ride quality and look of the inductions. I updated my order from 19" to 20" inductions with the sales rep. He was able to locate a vehicle in transit and move my delivery up about a month. I'm picking it up this Saturday MYLR/blue/20"/tow.

什么是最佳推荐尺码?我听说 21 在行驶 20-25k 英里时轮胎磨损非常严重。
我的 2021 MYP 的工厂轮胎,在 18,000 英里处,后轮胎几乎磨损了。
之后在costco买了米其林PS4轮胎,前胎275/35/R21,后胎295/35/R21,胎压40PSI。我很满意。
1、新轮胎能有效保护21寸轮毂,轮毂不再外露。
2、新轮胎的胎侧增加了近半英寸,胎压降至40PSI后,驾驶舒适性提高了一倍以上。
3. 续驶里程并没有感觉减少,至少没有明显减少。
4、轮胎宽度增加后(F从255到275/R从275到295),轮胎与地面的接触面增加,理论上会减少刹车距离,增加安全性。
到目前为止,我的新轮胎已经行驶了将近 8,000 英里,几乎看不到磨损。而且,Costco 提供 45,000 英里的磨损保证,几乎无需担心。
不过我在Costco买的轮胎缺点是因为不是静音胎(没有内置吸音棉),所以轮胎的空腔噪音会明显增加,尤其是在高速行驶的时候。

What is best recommended size? I heard that 21 the tire wear is pretty bad where you get 20-25k miles out of them.
The factory tires on my 2021 MYP, at 18,000 miles, the rear tires are nearly worn out.
After that, I bought Michelin PS4 tires from costco, front tires 275/35/R21, rear tires 295/35/R21, tire pressure 40PSI. I am very satisfied.
1. The new tires can effectively protect the 21-inch wheels, and the wheels are no longer exposed.
2. The sidewall of the new tire has been increased by nearly half an inch, and after the tire pressure is reduced to 40PSI, the driving comfort has more than doubled.
3. The driving range does not feel reduced, at least not significantly.
4. After the tire width is increased (F from 255 to 275/R from 275 to 295), the contact surface between the tire and the ground increases, theoretically the braking distance will be reduced, and the safety will be increased.
I have nearly 8,000 miles on my new tires so far and hardly noticeable wear. And, with Costco's wear and tear guarantee of 45,000 miles, it's almost nothing to worry about.
However, the disadvantage of the tires I bought from Costco is that because they are not silent tires (no built-in sound-absorbing cotton), the cavity noise of the tires will increase significantly, especially when driving at high speeds. If you mind, you can buy silent tires.

Reactions: xxxadixxx