Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

inexpensive tint in NorCal / SoCal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am planning to take delivery of my Model X 100D next week in Fremont. I will be driving it down to LA/OC next weekend (11/3-11/5) and then back up to the bay area for a few more weeks. I live in WA state so I'll be driving it home in late November but will be picking up the car in CA.

I believe that the FWD come tinted already so I am planning to tint just the 2 front doors (driver and passenger side doors). WA state allows me to tint at up to 24% so I'd like to go with something around there.

This car is a 3 year lease so I don't really want to go too crazy on the tint job so it doesn't have to be top of the line stuff but just something decent that doesn't look like crap.

In the past for all of my cars (including high end cars such as the BMW ActiveHybrid 7, BMW 750Li, etc.) I always took it to California Tint in Rosemead and I might take it there again if I don't get any other options but I don't really feel like driving there an hour before they open to wait, etc. Cost over there is usually around $120-$170 or so for a job like this (don't know the brand but it's not anything fancy).

I reached out to Signature Glass Tinting so I'll see if I hear back.

Of course I can also just get it tinted in WA state but in my experience, CA is just better for stuff like this.

there is always metropolitan detail up in your area.

If you want suntek ceramic or suntek carbon, we can help you out. Just need to know the time slot you can be here. have you thought about having a clear bra applied at the same time?

Just to follow up, I got my 2 front windows tinted yesterday at quality glass tint in Santa Clara, CA. They use 3m products and have 3 products that they sell.

The 3m color stable is fine. The 3m crystalline is better in that it rejects more heat while being lighter.

I wanted a bit of privacy as well so I went with color stable.

Cost was $120. Crystalline would have been $200.

They did a good job.