Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infotainment seems to shut down on long sleeps. Normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't seem to determine if this is a bug that causes the infotainment system to crash on long sleep or if it's by design. If I park my Model 3 over the weekend and sometimes just overnight. Typically no matter what it will sleep normally and if you use the app it will take a few seconds before it's awake to access things like the climate so I can start cooling down the car, etc. However, there are times when the app will not connect and I have to go out to the car, open the door, see a black screen, and wait a few minutes for the logo to appear as it boots the infotainment back up. Just curious about what is happening with this. The latest Software update 2023.2.10 seems to do this the most lately since It got this update.

Taking a little while before waking up is normal, but opening a door to a black screen that clearly reboots (Tesla logo) isn't. A crash/reboot might happen once in a blue moon but if it's regular there's a problem.

The first thing I would suggest is to remove ALL USB devices from the car, including the usb key in the glovebox, then manually rebooting and checking how it goes in the following days.

Reactions: Dysan911