Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infotainment upgrade Model X 90D with error: DSP issue detected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bring my car for infotainment upgrade 4 days ago and my car still in service. I see on app doors and front trunk constantly open and closed and Tesla team continue working on my car. In “Repaer progress” I see following message - see attached screenshot. But really don’t know what this mean. Can someone explain what is this and share your experience with such upgrade?

Attachments

• IMG_1214.png
    IMG_1214.png
    368.5 KB · Views: 101
All audio is made available through the mcu. Clearly when they pulled out the first one, all audio was unavailable. Now they're putting in the new one, with the radio upgrade that you requested. FM only, but that should be fine. There's nothing to worry about.
I refused radio upgrade (it cost additional 500 and make no sense with streaming option). Do you know what is DSP abbreviation mean?

I refused radio upgrade (it cost additional 500 and make no sense with streaming option). Do you know what is DSP abbreviation mean?

I didn't do the radio either. No, I do not know what DSP means. You could ask your Tesla service center rep, but they often don't know and feel like they have to make up something for you. So you'll have to take it with a grain of salt. It may mean digital signal processing. That's a term that's used around audio systems. Also there's a company called DSP something and it may refer to that.

Edit - I see we had some cross-posting. And, an agreement!

Last edited:
Reactions: abalexab