Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Injured arm, anyone heard of a side arm rest extension?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently injured my left arm/shoulder. I noticed that it feels better if I have my elbow and lower arm resting on and being supported by an arm rest close to my body. I know there is an armrest on the door, but it is a bit too far away from my body. Aside from driving with a pillow under my left arm, is anyone aware of some sort of side arm rest extension? I am looking for something that would either extend the door arm rest or something that would adhere to the seat itself, but it would have to flip up so I could get in and out of the seat.

Anyone ever heard of such a thing or know where I can get one?

Thank you,
joebruin77

Hey brother. I hope you're Ok and recovering quickly. Being from SoCal, I've used pool noodles for all kind of stuff. They're relatively cheap, easy to cut and shape yet firm enough to support your elbow/ armcast.
Stuff one end in the hand slot and let it run past the seat back. That'd getya 3 1/2" or so. Gonna do some surfing but I've never really seen such a critter. Good luck and feel better soon. :cool:

Hey brother. I hope you're Ok and recovering quickly. Being from SoCal, I've used pool noodles for all kind of stuff. They're relatively cheap, easy to cut and shape yet firm enough to support your elbow/ armcast.
Stuff one end in the hand slot and let it run past the seat back. That'd getya 3 1/2" or so. Gonna do some surfing but I've never really seen such a critter. Good luck and feel better soon. :cool:

Thank you for the helpful suggestion, my friend. The pool noodle is a great idea. Much appreciated!

The arm rest isn't quite placed properly for me to rest my arm on, so I use a "Pillow Pet," crammed down between the door and the seat. It's perfect for long car trips and since it's soft and squishy it's easy to raise it and lower it for the perfect height.

I had a similar thought. I actually found a temperpedic head pillow which i place between me and the door after I buckle in. I can completely rest my arm on it while driving. Since it is a foam pillow, it is sturdier than say a down pillow. I recommend this for anyone who needs to rest their arm or shoulder while driving.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Reactions: KenC and Kleenerth3
Thanks for the good wishes. My doc says it is most likely a rotator cuff strain, but luckily not a tear. I'm taking 800mg of Advil 3 times a day, icing it, and doing exercises. I should make a full recovery without steroid shots or surgery.

I went through the rotator cuff physical therapy and it actually worked. I was skeptical at first, but I got a really good physical therapist. Over 2 appointments a week for almost 3 months, my injury is healed. She showed me about 32 exercises and I still do the bulk them about 3 days a week for strength and flexibility. Take care and keep up on the exercises !!

Reactions: KenC and Kleenerth3
I went through the rotator cuff physical therapy and it actually worked. I was skeptical at first, but I got a really good physical therapist. Over 2 appointments a week for almost 3 months, my injury is healed. She showed me about 32 exercises and I still do the bulk them about 3 days a week for strength and flexibility. Take care and keep up on the exercises !!

Sorry to hear you went through something similar but glad physical therpay worked for you. I started doing some exercises today for the shoulders and back and I am optimistic that I will make a full recovery too. Thanks again for the inspiration and encouragement!

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Sorry to hear you went through something similar but glad physical therpay worked for you. I started doing some exercises today for the shoulders and back and I am optimistic that I will make a full recovery too. Thanks again for the inspiration and encouragement!
Yeah, jkoya makes an important point. Once we start working on repairs to keep up with the exercise and stretch routine. Now that it's been injured, it's more susceptible again. Like Sir Newton said, "A body in motion..."
Glad it's not serious but take care anyway.
:cool:

Hey brother. Just checking in to see how the shoulder is doing. How did you work out the armrest elevation? Noodle, pet pillow, combo? Keep that puppy warm and take care of yourself. :cool:

Very thoughtful of you, thank you! Arm and shoulder are doing better. The temperpedic pillow, which is stiffer and offers more support than a typical pillow, is working out great. Between the massive ibuprofen and exercises, I'll be back in the saddle in no time. Good thing I no longer have my 6-speed manual. Then I would really be screwed!

Thanks again!

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Very thoughtful of you, thank you! Arm and shoulder are doing better. The temperpedic pillow, which is stiffer and offers more support than a typical pillow, is working out great. Between the massive ibuprofen and exercises, I'll be back in the saddle in no time. Good thing I no longer have my 6-speed manual. Then I would really be screwed!

Thanks again!
Glad you're on the mend and driving that beautiful one speed (in fwd), LoL. Catchya later bro. :cool:

Reactions: joebruin77