Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inner Tire wear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it my eyes or does it look like the right front Tire on this Cybertruck is wearing down?
1711490308951.png

Aside: the recent Motortrend EV truck comparison noticed that the "same" tires on the CT come with less tread depth.
Prior to launch, the Cybertruck was heralded as an apocalypse-proof, go-anywhere rover, and the gnarly look of the Goodyear Wrangler Territory RT tires strive to sell this notion. But on the trail we noticed these tires quickly caked with dirt, sliding across muddy slopes and spinning where the others’ on-road tires found grip. Comparing these tires with those on a Chevy Silverado 1500 ZR2 support vehicle wearing the same sidewall branding revealed dramatically shallower tread depth:
9/32 versus 14/32 of an inch

I need every 5/32 of inch I can get...
14-9 ... haha.

I'm trying to figure out what is normal and apparently it depends on the tire size of that model.

ie. 14/32 on LT 325/65R18s Goodyear Wrangler Territory RT Tires

Gemini:
Based on information found online, the initial tread depth on the Goodyear Wrangler Territory RT can vary depending on the specific size of the tire. Here's what I found:

14-9 ... haha.

I'm trying to figure out what is normal and apparently it depends on the tire size of that model.

ie. 14/32 on LT 325/65R18s Goodyear Wrangler Territory RT Tires

Gemini:
Based on information found online, the initial tread depth on the Goodyear Wrangler Territory RT can vary depending on the specific size of the tire. Here's what I found:
It's the same way with performance tires, depends on how they were designed and the size.

Being that the image shows the CT climbing a rock, it could be determined that the front passenger tire had slipped during a climbing maneuver, which would explain why the outer edge has what looks like wear marks/lines from when the tire patch was spinning in that area while in slight contact to the rock. That would explain to optical illusion. Kind of stupid to even ask the question based on a bad photo...a normal person would just use their finger as a gauge if there was a potential immediate danger. I digress.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe