Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insane wind noise from mirror after replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had the service center replace my driver side mirror assembly after the mirror stopped unfolding reliable. Driving back from the service center I noticed that the wind noise had gone up a lot. I thought that maybe there is some dampening material or seal that is missing, so when I got home, I tried to compare the driver's side mirror to the passenger's side mirror to see if I could spot any significant difference, but there is nothing obvious to me. Has anyone experienced this before?

I too have a problem with a high pitch wind noise coming from the airflow over the mirror. At first, I also thought that it was a gap in the window. The noise persisted when I tried rolling it down.

Is there anything that can be done to get rid of this? I find it extremely annoying.

There shouldn't be much wind noise from the mirror. Before mirror replacement I never heard anything on either of my Model S's or my Model 3. The noise I'm getting right now is as loud as if the window had not been rolled up completely. If you are having noise issues you should probably have it looked at, it shouldn't be like that.