Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside view of the Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What event was recently held at Tesla Engineering at Kato Rd? At least the CT thinks it’s there. The hill with the grass doesn’t match the freeway that is there in real life unless the main screen is spoofed or it’s a big old banner backdrop.
1685111269307.png

Imagine what window tint installers are going to charge for that front windshield!
Maybe they'll just hire little people to lay on the dash and install it. LOL!

I agree that those A-pillars are horrendous! Extending so far out in your line of sight.
I genuinely hate the look of the center-only display. Don't like the M3 or MY for that reason. Just a personal preference, but I want a real instrument cluster, in front of me. Fine if you want to cut costs on the 3 & Y, but above those level, like the S/X, should include an IC.
And the price tag of the CT would certainly put it in the S/X category, IMO.

The bass boat bottom-looking yacht floor looks cheap.
Would like to see what's under the manual pull-back storage cover. Appears to have room for a couple drink holders, and a possible wireless charging pad.

Engineers have spent so much time on the exterior design, and then when Elon rushed the announcement, and they're feeling the time pressure and couldn't put in the proper amount of development of the interior, and here's what you get. A half-ass driver's experience.
There is simplistic, well-engineered, efficient design.
And there's this, cheap, basic, under-engineered design.

F-150 Lightning, Ram 1500 REV, and Rivian interiors verses the Cybertruck above. Pick one.
Unless Tesla plans on selling the Cybertruck at bargain basement prices, that's just not going to work.

Rivian:
Vehicle Studio | Rivian

Ram:

F-150:

Reactions: primedive and cdub
CT isnt supposed to be luxury. Take LR MY, add 50% for utility and larger battery and you’re at $75k. You want MX luxury, you’re at $125k. Which do you think Tesla is going to build? If you thought the interior was going to be anything other than MY cloned, you don’t know Tesla and Elon.
We're not talking luxury. A lightning pro @ $60K, or a Rivian @ $73k has a vastly better interior than the Cybertruck posted. That's the competition.
Even a $36k Chevy Colorado WT is worlds better. The current iteration is a fanboy only build.

Reactions: cdub
The interior is completely different than what was announced.

I promise if it launches with this interior at a higher price than stated demand will be *sugar*
What was announced? Pics? Yes, they changed from 3 across to buckets. Anything else?

We're not talking luxury. A lightning pro @ $60K, or a Rivian @ $73k has a vastly better interior than the Cybertruck posted. That's the competition.
Even a $36k Chevy Colorado WT is worlds better. The current iteration is a fanboy only build.
Do you think Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Chevy bolt/volt, etc. Have better interiors than M3/Y? No one has ever accused Tesla of providing too much luxury for the price. Quite the opposite. Elon is all about function over form (who needs steering wheel stalLa or a steering wheel for that matter).

If you think you are getting MX/S luxury for less money, think again. Tesla has set the interior quality/function standard for a certain price point.