TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

InsideEVs - covers our post about Tesla S upgrades

Discussion in 'Model S' started by PluglessSteve, Mar 30, 2017.

1. PluglessSteve

PluglessSteve Member

2. PluglessSteve

PluglessSteve Member

Let's do that again today - we'd love for you to join us!

3. EW-85

EW-85 Member

PluglessSteve,

On 2/20/2016, I pre-ordered a Plugless Wireless Charger for my Tesla Model S. When nothing came in 2016, I called and the Rep. told me that it would be ready around June or July 2017. I waited until several months afterward. Still no charger came. I called again and was told that Evatran had changed business directions and was no longer actively manufacturing the Plugless Wireless Charger for my Tesla Model S despite it still being advertised on the company website. Although the Rep offered to refund my deposit, I refused because I really want the product. Since then, no further response from the company.

So, I have a few questions for you, Steve.
    1. What has the company refocused on that it is so important that they simply drop all work on a product and not contact customers awaiting the products?
    2. What options do I have to getting the product? It's been a long time and I think I've been more than patient. I even offered to drive to another state to have it installed if that was helpful.

So, what's the deal, Steve?

4. oktane

oktane Active Member

Wireless charging is not worth the electrical losses. Best move is to keep the charging cable suspended by your charge port. Makes it super convenient to plug in.

• Like x 2
  5. EW-85

EW-85 Member

#5 EW-85, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    I respectfully disagree. But, whether it does or doesn't make sense is not the focus of my post.

6. nickell

nickell Member

Brilliant

7. EW-85

EW-85 Member

It seemed appropriate to let other Model S owners know that Plugless Power was not actively manufacturing their wireless charging product for our cars anymore. Personally, I forgot to charge a time or two and it was a real hassle. Wireless changing could have saved me from some problems.
    The debate about whether it's a valuable product is covered in another thread.

• Helpful x 1