Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

InsideEVs - covers our post about Tesla S upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PluglessSteve,

On 2/20/2016, I pre-ordered a Plugless Wireless Charger for my Tesla Model S. When nothing came in 2016, I called and the Rep. told me that it would be ready around June or July 2017. I waited until several months afterward. Still no charger came. I called again and was told that Evatran had changed business directions and was no longer actively manufacturing the Plugless Wireless Charger for my Tesla Model S despite it still being advertised on the company website. Although the Rep offered to refund my deposit, I refused because I really want the product. Since then, no further response from the company.

So, I have a few questions for you, Steve.
1. What has the company refocused on that it is so important that they simply drop all work on a product and not contact customers awaiting the products?
2. What options do I have to getting the product? It's been a long time and I think I've been more than patient. I even offered to drive to another state to have it installed if that was helpful.

So, what's the deal, Steve?

It seemed appropriate to let other Model S owners know that Plugless Power was not actively manufacturing their wireless charging product for our cars anymore. Personally, I forgot to charge a time or two and it was a real hassle. Wireless changing could have saved me from some problems.
The debate about whether it's a valuable product is covered in another thread.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman