Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Install Schedule for tomorrow in SoCal - suggestions, guidance, wish me luck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brett,

Thanks for the reply. I am 'pretty' certain - My main PV breaker was already left in the "ON" positon, my service disconnect was switched on, and then the inverter switched to the ON position. I am getting a blinking green light, but have not received a solid green.

The blinking green would indicate that the inverter is connected to AC, so that’s good. Also check the power switch on the inverter (it’s hidden in the middle of the left side, just the the left of the lights) as well as the much less hidden DC disconnect knob in the front. But at this point you’ll probably need to wait until the sun comes out tomorrow to find out if it will start producing.

The blinking green would indicate that the inverter is connected to AC, so that’s good. Also check the power switch on the inverter (it’s hidden in the middle of the left side, just the the left of the lights) as well as the much less hidden DC disconnect knob in the front. But at this point you’ll probably need to wait until the sun comes out tomorrow to find out if it will start producing.

Just to add, the blinking light also means no solar production and the system is in standby/sleep mode. @jaysen if you are never seeing a solid green light even during the middle of the day, then something is going on with your system. I don't think the smoke would be enough unless it is nearly pitch black. My system produces a bit of power even after the sun has set but there is still some light in the sky.

Just to add, the blinking light also means no solar production and the system is in standby/sleep mode. @jaysen if you are never seeing a solid green light even during the middle of the day, then something is going on with your system. I don't think the smoke would be enough unless it is nearly pitch black. My system produces a bit of power even after the sun has set but there is still some light in the sky.

Thanks, this is what I'm afraid of period today the first time there is smoke but it's very light and lots of sun, yet Tesla app (and inverter) are not showing it is producing...

I'm going to Shut off everything (going backwards- starting with inverter, disconnect, and then main breaker)

Any other advice?

To make sure we are talking about the same thing, this is the LED light which continues to flash green, correct? If power cycling doesn't get it to go solid after a bit, I think the only option is to get Tesla involved.

IMG_20200913_174959_256.jpg

I'm going to Shut off everything (going backwards- starting with inverter, disconnect, and then main breaker)

Trying that certainly won’t hurt anything, but I’m not sure it will help either. The fact that you’re getting a green light indicates that’s the inverter has AC power. The fact that the green light is flashing and not solid indicated that it’s not getting DC power.

I would check the little red power switch (you can see it next to the light in the picture from @SoCal Dave above. And also the big round DC disconnect knob on the front of the inverter. If those are both on then I agree that you may need to call Tesla.

To make sure we are talking about the same thing, this is the LED light which continues to flash green, correct? If power cycling doesn't get it to go solid after a bit, I think the only option is to get Tesla involved.

View attachment 587888

Dave, correct... That is the same LED I am referring to.

@BrettS - according to the manual that is the actual inverter power switch. I imagine if the switch was in the incorrect position I would not get any LEDs at all? I will try cycling that as well. Unfortunately, sun is going down now so don't think I'll see a change until tomorrow morning...

Ughh

I added a photo, do not let the solid green light fool you. I just happened to snap it when the light was lit...

Dave can you confirm that this is the correct on position for the red power switch?

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_182654_Greatness.jpg
    IMG_20200913_182654_Greatness.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_183657_Greatness.jpg
    IMG_20200913_183657_Greatness.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 48
Read and forewarned! I wonder if that’s why our electrician who hadn’t commissioned many inverters ran into trouble. He had updated the firmware and I know he was still working with setting it up but kept getting a flashing green light.

Thanks for the photos. Looking at our inverter I see the P 1 and 0 and the red switch is in the 0 position as well.

Last edited:
Read and forewarned! I wonder if that’s why our electrician who hadn’t commissioned many inverters ran into trouble. He had updated the firmware and I know he was still working with setting it up but kept getting a flashing green light.

Thanks for the photos. Looking at our inverter I see the P 1 and 0 and the red switch is in the 0 position as well.

I suspect that he was running into a different issue. Because the one switch turns the inverter on and off as well as puts it into programming mode there is no way to get it into programming mode without also turning it on. So as long as he was able to get it into programming mode then it was definitely turned on.

I suspect that he was running into a different issue. Because the one switch turns the inverter on and off as well as puts it into programming mode there is no way to get it into programming mode without also turning it on. So as long as he was able to get it into programming mode then it was definitely turned on.

He had the inverter turned on (had AC power to it) but like Jaysen couldn’t see the solar portion. I think he tried rebooting twice and waited to see if it would go on but said it wasn’t connecting.

He had the inverter turned on (had AC power to it) but like Jaysen couldn’t see the solar portion. I think he tried rebooting twice and waited to see if it would go on but said it wasn’t connecting.

Hmm, well, I dunno then. I think he would have had to get it into programming mode to commission the inverter and pair the optimizers, but perhaps he completely missed that step.

It sounds like they’ll send someone out who’s more familiar with the inverter to get it set up for you though.

We’re scheduled for a maintenance visit on Tuesday and that's one of the items. Anxious to get all up and running.

Haven't been following your issue, but as you can see these new inverters have the "P 1 (or I) O" positions so kinda confusing... *IF* my installers left it on 1 (or I) then I must have hit, and shifted it, when I was routing my CAt6 cable from the ethernet port into the garage.

Meh, not the update I wanted to give... Still no production, Tesla tech support had me power cycle with no luck. Need to call back

Just out of curiosity, would adding my own ethernet wire cause the app to not update, and show no production?

Aa mentioned I can see consumption in the Tesla app, but no solar production

Last edited: