Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Instrument cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't quote me, but this could just be it coming out of deep sleep. Mine does the same sometimes. You can maybe test to see by probably accessing it via the phone app first, then get in the car and see if it's already out of deep sleep. I don't know all the triggers, but it's a sensible explanation.

Don't quote me, but this could just be it coming out of deep sleep. Mine does the same sometimes. You can maybe test to see by probably accessing it via the phone app first, then get in the car and see if it's already out of deep sleep. I don't know all the triggers, but it's a sensible explanation.

i'm going to quote you, yes its coming out of deep sleep.

Instrument cluster takes 20 sec to boot up every morning. Does not occur w/ any later times that I enter car.
Anybody know the fix?
Service center did not.

there is a way to force the car to never go to sleep by using the tesla API's to basically poll the car every so often so the car never sleeps. you can do this by subscribing to something like teslafi.com and then making sure you have cabin overheat protection on, which causes the car to never sleep. your car will no longer take 20 seconds to boot in the morning... but you will be losing probably 2-5% battery overnight if you are willing to live with that.

otherwise, the car is doing exactly as its designed to do, go to deep sleep when its not being used for awhile.