TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Instrument Panel Display/Child Seat

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Goggs, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Goggs

Goggs Member

Hi,

I have a child seat installed in my second row. Because of this, the left side of the instrument panel shows a warning indicating that there is someone with an unfastened seatbelt in that seat. Because of this, I can't see the navigation information on the instrument panel itself.

Does anyone know of a way to override that seat belt warning graphic?

Thanks

2. pedriscoll

pedriscoll Active Member

Connecting the seat belt behind or under the child seat should work

• Like x 1
  3. Goggs

Goggs Member

unfortunately the belt is used to attach the car seat

4. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Active Member

Stop by a junkyard and get an old seat belt and plug it into the Tesla seat belt buckle.

I replaced a lap belt with a three points some time ago, if you were local I could have gave you the old one.

5. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

Can another belt reach there?

6. pedriscoll

pedriscoll Active Member

If you are using the seat belt to attach the car seat, it should be connecting into the buckle and not triggering the alert. I was assuming you were attaching the car seat’s anchor strap to the built in rear seat anchors of the car itself.

7. Goggs

Goggs Member

Great idea - thanks!

8. demundus

demundus Active Member

Also you can press the left scroll wheel to see whats on the screen behind it... as a temp fix till you get a new belt latch. Basically, when the seatbelt warning comes on your IC display, press/hold briefly the left scroll wheel and itll disappear for a bit

9. whitex

whitex Well-Known Member

Is it just wrapped around the carseat? Usually when mounting a child seat with seatbelts, you're supposed to have the seatbelt go through the seat and then bucked up. Are you sure you read the installation manual?

PS> Most seats nowadays come with anchor mounting option, all Teslas do - it's the most secure way to install a car seat in a Tesla.