Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance in BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a quote of almost $180/ months with TD insurance (Vaughan, ON) including $300 deductible, 1st accident forgiveness, grand touring and new replacement if total lost for 2018 X100D. I thought it was high but it is nothing comparing to yours. Btw, I have a clean driving record & 10 years full license.

I got a quote of almost $180/ months with TD insurance (Vaughan, ON) including $300 deductible, 1st accident forgiveness, grand touring and new replacement if total lost for 2018 X100D. I thought it was high but it is nothing comparing to yours. Btw, I have a clean driving record & 10 years full license.
It was only $186/month for the optional last year ($2,232/yr). Longer clean driver record too. Deductibles at $2,500!

Hi Paul Just renewed my model x 90D in Sept with belair It was $1500 I was surprised how reasonable it seemed to be The excess liability up to 5 million is covered by my home insurance That also saves something Off hand i cant remember the required ICBC cost

I am paying less than $1,000 per year for my Model S, in Ontario with Security National (TD).
Yes, a reminder this is about insurance in BC where we don't have much choice. :(

Note: The performance models have a 100% premium on basic insurance (e.g. double of regular premiums!). Optional insurance is limited and now they seem to be following the same hit. Talking to my owner advisor here in Vancouver has confirmed this is limited to the performance models.

Hmmm... renewal went up a lot! Like 4,067 now, an 82% increase. WTF. Shopping around now.

I have a 2017 P100D with full replacement and full discount through ICBC. 2 Mill liability, $500.00 deductible, No loss of vehicle. I pay $400.00 a month on insurance. I thought it was reasonable when you look at the value of the vehicle. I don't know exactly how it works with the new 25% tax though. Would that be included with the replacement insurance? That's over 50K. If so I assume that the price for replacement insurance would now be going up. :(

I have a 2017 P100D with full replacement and full discount through ICBC. 2 Mill liability, $500.00 deductible, No loss of vehicle. I pay $400.00 a month on insurance. I thought it was reasonable when you look at the value of the vehicle. I don't know exactly how it works with the new 25% tax though. Would that be included with the replacement insurance? That's over 50K. If so I assume that the price for replacement insurance would now be going up. :(
Replacement insurance indeed covers inflation and deprecation. So now that the tax increases it'll be covered. I'm surprised you're rate is so slow. I'm paying 4k just for optional without replacement.