Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance issue after accident in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I completely misunderstood the level of cover I was entitled to with my insurer, and foolishly (believe me I know how foolishly) drove my Model 3 to Europe from the UK with third party insurance only. I was rear-ended by a 7.5 ton lorry and now have damage to the boot and bumper, and rear sensor. Doesn't look that bad, but I have seen similar horror stories on this forum about how surprisingly expensive these things are to fix on a Tesla. My insurance company will not represent me in recovering the losses from the other driver's insurance company, because of only being covered third party in this instance. I am attempting to deal with the claim myself, but coming up against roadblocks. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only person this has ever happened to, it's possible I guess, but am hoping someone may have some advice for me on this. What can I do here, apart from suck up what could end up being a five figure repair bill?