Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance Model 3 NYC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just entered the vin number to add vehicle in GEICO and my quote goes up over $2k for 6 mos. Currently with GEICO and paying $950/6mos for one ICE vehicle. I am 40 no accidents. Any1 local recommend which insurance company to go with. EVs are expensive and I get that is added with NYC premium. Just not sure $2K increase 6 mos. quote for my clean driving history is acceptable. Thanks all.

Just entered the vin number to add vehicle in GEICO and my quote goes up over $2k for 6 mos. Currently with GEICO and paying $950/6mos for one ICE vehicle. I am 40 no accidents. Any1 local recommend which insurance company to go with. EVs are expensive and I get that is added with NYC premium. Just not sure $2K increase 6 mos. quote for my clean driving history is acceptable. Thanks all.
Liberty Mutual raised our rates over $700 a year from our Mini Cooper. We are at $1989 a year (which is lot less than GEICO). I'm in my mid 40s with a clean record as well. USAA was actually cheaper, but you have to have a military connection.

Reactions: mvp2ny
I have Geico. Pay for a garage. It dropped my rates by a large amount ($250 a month) the garage cost $300 a month for me with unlimited charging. I'd rather have a safe place to park and charging at home than giving that money to the insurance company.

Reactions: mvp2ny
Small Caveat- be careful parking in a garage with an urban supercharger that has an attendant. I've read some horror stories where attendants leave teslas plugged in for hours/days at a time and the owners get hit with massive idling fees. park where the charging is free!

Reactions: 101dals