Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance ratings [Driver score dings not my fault]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A vehicle turned in front of my vehicle and went into a cross street. When I came home I received a negative rating of 80% unsafe following. In the past every time a car fills the space in front of me on the highway I get the same type of rating. This is impossible to stop bad habits from other drivers. Why do I have to money taking out of my pocket based on others? I'm sure this happens to others.

A vehicle turned in front of my vehicle and went into a cross street. When I came home I received a negative rating of 80% unsafe following. In the past every time a car fills the space in front of me on the highway I get the same type of rating. This is impossible to stop bad habits from other drivers. Why do I have to money taking out of my pocket based on others? I'm sure this happens to others.

Not a great work-around but all time driven under Auto-Pilot counts zero against your safety score - if the highway conditions are appropriate it can be a way to avoid getting dinged.

It occurred on city streets.
Only if you were going over 50 MPH.

Do you have the newer version of the safety score that shows you where you were dinged or are you just guessing?

Say you are getting on the freeway, and on the on-ramp you get up to 51 MPH and are close to the car in front of you for one second before you engaged AP for the rest of the time you are over 50 MPH. That would result in a 100% of your following time being too close. (One second of manual driving over 50 MPH while you were too close.)

Coming around a corner, there was a guy with a bike standing off to the side of the on ramp. I didn’t see him originally because he was obstructed by large shrubbery. As I rounded the corner I was hit with a forward collision warning even though he was off to the side and I wouldn’t have hit him head-on. Was dinged a lot of points (down to the low 80s) for that driving session. I had a lot of errands to run throughout the day, so I was able to get the score back up to 95 before parking it for the night. I sucks when it happens but not the end of the world.