Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integrated Center Console back in stock.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I know $1250 for a console is a lot of money. But for anyone who has been wanting one from Tesla they are back in Stock after 2 1/2 months . I was going to get Taptes center console but felt like it was lacking the quality in some of the users pics.

There are 2 OEM drop in consoles on ebay right now. I'm not selling either. I bought mine on ebay also.

Original Tesla Model S Center Console OEM - Great Condition | eBay

OEM Tesla Model S Drop-in Center Console | eBay

Excellent find...i was searching eBay using the term "tesla integrated center console" never thought to look up using "tesla drop in center console". I'm kinda glad I waited though for a brand new console as I can be the first to scratch it lol.

I ordered one immediately after I got my S and had to wait almost 6 weeks for it to arrive. I thought it was ridiculous the car didn’t have one. During that time I realized that I didn’t really need it and everything that I used to keep in my center console was basically clutter. It currently has a small tissue box and a bottle water in it, both of which are unopened. Lol.

I've been on the fence about this for a while...I like the idea of having something there just to feel more like a normal car, but the price of the Tesla one very steep. I also have driven a few newer Model S's and found the center console to be a bit....weird. Just not super well designed I guess. The sliding door was kind of sticky, it seemed easily scratched, the inside cup holders seemed to be an awkward work around...BUT, it may be better than the alternatives. I haven't seen any of the aftermarket ones in person to compare.

I've been looking at this one by evamped for a while because the cupholders look more easily accessible, and of course much cheaper, but it's tempting knowing that the official one is (allegedly) back in stock...

Reactions: Jimmy 1
I've been on the fence about this for a while...I like the idea of having something there just to feel more like a normal car, but the price of the Tesla one very steep. I also have driven a few newer Model S's and found the center console to be a bit....weird. Just not super well designed I guess. The sliding door was kind of sticky, it seemed easily scratched, the inside cup holders seemed to be an awkward work around...BUT, it may be better than the alternatives. I haven't seen any of the aftermarket ones in person to compare.

I've been looking at this one by evamped for a while because the cupholders look more easily accessible, and of course much cheaper, but it's tempting knowing that the official one is (allegedly) back in stock...
For those on the fence for buying the console. but think its a litte to expensive. try the Taptes. I got tired of waiting for it be in stock...
for the money - you cant go wrong with the taptes version. (im not affiliated to them, just a very satisfied customer.

20190530_181916.jpg

Reactions: VelociRabbitt
For those on the fence for buying the console. but think its a litte to expensive. try the Taptes. I got tired of waiting for it be in stock...
for the money - you cant go wrong with the taptes version. (im not affiliated to them, just a very satisfied customer.

View attachment 415909

Does it install nicely?? I’m worried about creaking/ movement with some spirited driving. The OEM Tesla one also comes with the rear cup holder expansion (though no USBs), which is something I really wanted, but if this console is of high quality, maybe it’s worth giving up the more expensive one despite the rear cup holders :/