Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior camera blurry after being covered for months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I got my free FSD trial, I had the interior camera blocked to prevent it from looking at my eyes when using autopilot. However, I just got the FSD trial and it won't activate FSD if the interior camera is blocked. So, I unblocked the camera and it is now blurry. I would think that this is due to the calibration adjusting to the blocked state and I wonder if there is a way to recalibrate the interior camera? I know that you can recalibrate the autopilot/FSD cameras towards the exterior but I'm not sure if that would recalibrate my interior camera not to be blurry. On the positive side, being blurry prevents FSD from watching my eyes and I can look away without FSD shutting off but I'd still want my interior camera to function properly. Lens is clean, so, that's not the issue.

Before I got my free FSD trial, I had the interior camera blocked to prevent it from looking at my eyes when using autopilot. However, I just got the FSD trial and it won't activate FSD if the interior camera is blocked. So, I unblocked the camera and it is now blurry. I would think that this is due to the calibration adjusting to the blocked state and I wonder if there is a way to recalibrate the interior camera? I know that you can recalibrate the autopilot/FSD cameras towards the exterior but I'm not sure if that would recalibrate my interior camera not to be blurry. On the positive side, being blurry prevents FSD from watching my eyes and I can look away without FSD shutting off but I'd still want my interior camera to function properly. Lens is clean, so, that's not the issue.
Surprised to hear that you received free FSD trial. I'm on V11.1 (2024.8.9) but no free trial. Were you notified by email?