Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Inconsistencies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to date, I’ve only noticed exterior issues in my model 3, but today I noticed two rather disappointing interior issues:

1) in the rear left door there is a gap between the rubber seal that goes around the door and the tan cloth material that lines the car. The gap is in the far right corner. I have no clue how this could be fixed without removing the current rubber seal that goes around the door and installing a new one, or somehow shifting/ raising the cloth material.

2) in the rear right door the point where two pieces of the tan cloth material meet are uneven. The back piece is quite a bit taller than the front piece. The two pieces are in sync in the same position on the left rear door. Again, not sure how this would be fixed, but annoying to see this issue considering the price of the car and just how sparse the interior is...due to the massive glass roof line.

I keep seeing more and more of these fit issues with my car. It makes me wonder if I should just accept the car as is and chalk it up to being a “Tesla” or do I bring it up to the service center and hope they fix it. I am slightly concerned that they may make things worse in the process.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I’ve already got them fixing 1/2 dozen other things that I am waiting for 3 weeks now for parts to arrive so that I can bring my car in (windshield replacement, tail light replacement, repainting of problem areas, etc.) Point of the post was to understand whether this is normal in others cars or an anamoly in mine. I’ll post a few pics in a bit to get others opinion.

I’ve already got them fixing 1/2 dozen other things that I am waiting for 3 weeks now for parts to arrive so that I can bring my car in (windshield replacement, tail light replacement, repainting of problem areas, etc.)
Wow. That’s quite a list. I looked my 3 over very carefully and only found one thing, a small scratch in an interior plastic trim piece. That’s it. So far the car is working perfectly, and I love it.

Here are 2 pics of the issue where the rubber seal is not flush with the headliner material and then the headliner pieces uneven.

Attachments

• 30D555CA-9B3B-41B6-B268-145C92C3F857.jpeg
    30D555CA-9B3B-41B6-B268-145C92C3F857.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 86
  • 0FE79388-EDF3-4A82-9412-DE43A0AFFC7A.jpeg
    0FE79388-EDF3-4A82-9412-DE43A0AFFC7A.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 67
Wow. That’s quite a list. I looked my 3 over very carefully and only found one thing, a small scratch in an interior plastic trim piece. That’s it. So far the car is working perfectly, and I love it.

Well the car is driving perfectly, but some of these things were a bit tough to truly find upon first inspection at the SC. I called the primary exterior issues within 48 hours of delivery so they made the due bill list.