TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Interior lighting installation shop recommendation

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Titus, Oct 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Titus

Titus Member

Hi guys

I do notice the interior of our Model S is a bit dark; I have the accent light package but the center "console" on the ground is completely dark when driving at night unless I turn on the dome light.

There's this: Tesla Model S - Lighting Kit w/Installation

And I know HK has a lot of lighting shops these days but I never installed them before; anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

2. Tony Lin

Tony Lin Member

hey titus,

i bought this Ultra Thin LED Light Bar from Phil, their warehouse is located in HK. And I had Bill one of Tesla owner in HK to tab into the existing system.

Hope it help.

3. Titus

Titus Member

Thanks!!

4. Mikischu

Mikischu Member

I got a USB powered led bar kit from a computer mall. The strip comes with 2 bars connected by a micro usb cable.
    I think it cost less than $80 to buy the kit.
    It has 2 brightness levels and would be very easy to install in the car.

Each bar in my kit is 37cm long, but I remember seeing this kits in different lengths.

IMG_0231.JPG IMG_0232.JPG IMG_0233.JPG IMG_0234.JPG

Being powered by usb means you can either use the car directly, or use a battery pack. Also easy to get extension cables to route the lights anywhere you want.