Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior reported temperature incorrectly high after windshield replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good find, surprise this problem has been ongoing since August
super frustrating. i have a mobile service appointment for Friday. hoping that i can convince the tech to push me through a software update to see if that fixes it (which it should based on that other thread). it is a little jarring to check the app and have it say the interior of the car is 146 degree while the exterior is only 82, pretty clear the sensors are out of whack post windshield replacement.

super frustrating. i have a mobile service appointment for Friday. hoping that i can convince the tech to push me through a software update to see if that fixes it (which it should based on that other thread). it is a little jarring to check the app and have it say the interior of the car is 146 degree while the exterior is only 82, pretty clear the sensors are out of whack post windshield replacement.
Mobile service visit tech re-pushed the software (32.21), which i re-downloaded. seems to have fixed the issue.

Reactions: Transformer
Same issue, appeared same day of window replacement. Thought I was crazy (full defrost only on auto) until finding this thread. 2021.32.21, multiple reboot did not resolve the issue. Interior temperature also displays high 114F (ambient 69F) when asleep, slowly trends back to normal on wake, car is in covered underground garage not in sun. Going to call Safellite Monday to see if the new windshield came with a new humidity sensor. Visually the camera window and sensor window appear dry and clear with no condensation. Camera re-calibration took about 20 min of driving. Camera based warnings all appear to be accurate.

Same issue, appeared same day of window replacement. Thought I was crazy (full defrost only on auto) until finding this thread. 2021.32.21, multiple reboot did not resolve the issue. Interior temperature also displays high 114F (ambient 69F) when asleep, slowly trends back to normal on wake, car is in covered underground garage not in sun. Going to call Safellite Monday to see if the new windshield came with a new humidity sensor. Visually the camera window and sensor window appear dry and clear with no condensation. Camera re-calibration took about 20 min of driving. Camera based warnings all appear to be accurate.
Did you do a reboot or have the software re-pushed to the car? you need to re-download the software itself, not just reboot the car.

Having the same issue. A similar thread said that the issue goes away once you get a software update (can even be a re-push of the same one you are currently on
you'd think. i've tried twice with no luck. the people in this thread (Strange HVAC issue since windshield replacement) experienced the same issues post-windshield replacement.
They just replaced the humidity/temperature sensor (twice) but no resolution for the problem. I Asked them to re-push the last software update. Keeping my fingers crossed that this solves the issue. If not I need to get a new appointment as in that case the problem would be in one of the deeper modules....

Reactions: flpadc
good luck! have Tesla re-push the software to my car (and me re-downloading it) worked for me.
Updated the software after the Tesla re-push. The auto mode of the airco is working again but the temperature (in and exterior) are too high. Outside temperature is around 15 degrees C and the car indicates 19 degrees C and interior 21 degrees C which both seem to high. Lets see if this needs some time to adjust?

Updated the software after the Tesla re-push. The auto mode of the airco is working again but the indicated temperatures (in and exterior) are both too high. Outside temperature is around 15 degrees C and the car indicates 19 degrees C (I understood that this sensor is behind the front fender) and interior 21 degrees C. Lets see if this needs some time to adjust?

Updated the software after the Tesla re-push. The auto mode of the airco is working again but the temperature (in and exterior) are too high. Outside temperature is around 15 degrees C and the car indicates 19 degrees C and interior 21 degrees C which both seem to high. Lets see if this needs some time to adjust?
Hmmmm, not sure. i know at least for me, if i leave the car in direct sunlight, the Tesla does say the interior is 20ish degrees hotter than the temperature. could be a product of the all-glass roof letting in heat.

Update from 2021.32.21 to 2021.36.5.5 did in fact resolve this issue for my model 3. Both interior temperature and HVAC auto functionality are fixed just from the update. I did not have Tesla re-push, I just suffered for three weeks and waited for the next update. Prior to update the car also seemed to be overcooling the battery pack, HVAC was running all the time, even when parked. All normal now.

Hi All,

I had the same problem (HVAC acting up) after the windshield was replaced (not by Tesla, but by a Tesla certified garage). I went back and they replaced the sensor PCB (L shaped) that came with the new windshield with the old one. It was only a few days later and they still had the old windshield. I cannot tell if a SW/FW re-install would have worked too. It took them approx 20 min to do the swap.

Not a windshield issue, but my interior temperature sensor is registering at least 10 degrees hot. I.e. have it set to 23C, but app says it's 23, but the actual temperature is like 10 deg C.... driving around cold. Going to try the reboot - but service appointment booked for Wednesday.

Anyone know where the sensor is, and if there is a re-calibration procedure?