Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent mobile connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the 32.3 update I've been having an issue with my the 3's mobile LTE connectivity. It connects after about 3 minutes driving but then disconnects after another 3ish minutes. Then that pattern repeats. It also seems to be the same when the car is locked up as I can sometimes connect to it through the app, but other times not. Its amazing how quickly you get used to permenant connectivity and how much you miss it when it's not there!

I've raised a service request so hopefully a fix will be found but has anyone else seen this recently or before?

Since the 32.3 update I've been having an issue with my the 3's mobile LTE connectivity. It connects after about 3 minutes driving but then disconnects after another 3ish minutes. Then that pattern repeats. It also seems to be the same when the car is locked up as I can sometimes connect to it through the app, but other times not. Its amazing how quickly you get used to permenant connectivity and how much you miss it when it's not there!

I've raised a service request so hopefully a fix will be found but has anyone else seen this recently or before?
You didn't mention that you did this, so I will ask. First time each time this starts, have you rebooted your car? Does it make a difference?

I would not do a service request. If one was open, I would cancel it and wait. Since you mentioned it started after 32.3, its going to be fixed by another OTA update. I'd just wait even if it is a pain in the okole, and see if firmware fixed it before I took it in.

I would not do a service request. If one was open, I would cancel it and wait. Since you mentioned it started after 32.3, its going to be fixed by another OTA update. I'd just wait even if it is a pain in the okole, and see if firmware fixed it before I took it in.
I still think it is worth raising. They may be able to fix remotely or see something amiss on the server side.

Reactions: MrBadger
Those sort of scenarios are normally handled when service request is raised. If there is a known issue that will be resolved by a software update or fixed remotely, you get a text and they close the call. If they are not already aware of it, then it makes Tesla aware. I would stick with it but as you get close to the appointment and it hasn't been acknowledged, re-evaluate whether the trip will be worth it. You may even get a chance to book it as a mobile/ranger visit.

Reactions: TipsterPhil