TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Internet connectivity

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by mknoebel, Apr 2, 2016.

1. mknoebel

mknoebel Member

I checked the features of the Model S display and it mentioned internet radio, and web browsing among other things. A quick search showed that internet connectivity is included. Will this be the same with the ☰ ? Probably speculation at this point, but thoughts?

2. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

Other cars in the same price category offer Internet connectivity via subscription. So I would expect that. Our Audi has 3G (it's older) and the service is run through t-mobile. The car gets a t-mobile sim and you just pay t-mobile for the service ala carte If you have t-mobile as your main cell phone you can add the car as a connected device for like $10/month or something

I believe Tesla uses AT&T for the service, so I would expect to be able to buy a plan from AT&T. OTA updates and log files are an interesting issue, but I would imagine any internet connectivity required for the car will be included, but you will pay for data for extra stuff like Google maps, web browsers, streaming, etc.

3. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Too early to say one way or another. I won't speculate.

4. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

buying internet for all model 3s is quite cheap for tesla, and a core feature of the car (i.e. for updates). If the consumer pays for it its a lot more expensive. I'd rather pay 100 more pounds for the car and have it included....

5. mcghee33

mcghee33 Member

I can't imagine Tesla offering this for free on the 3. This has always been speculate as a feature that we would lose in the M3. So plan on paying att 10 bucks a month if you need this. This is the least of my worries of what I will be paying for on this vehicle