Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Internet connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked the features of the Model S display and it mentioned internet radio, and web browsing among other things. A quick search showed that internet connectivity is included. Will this be the same with the ☰ ? Probably speculation at this point, but thoughts?

Other cars in the same price category offer Internet connectivity via subscription. So I would expect that. Our Audi has 3G (it's older) and the service is run through t-mobile. The car gets a t-mobile sim and you just pay t-mobile for the service ala carte If you have t-mobile as your main cell phone you can add the car as a connected device for like $10/month or something

I believe Tesla uses AT&T for the service, so I would expect to be able to buy a plan from AT&T. OTA updates and log files are an interesting issue, but I would imagine any internet connectivity required for the car will be included, but you will pay for data for extra stuff like Google maps, web browsers, streaming, etc.

I can't imagine Tesla offering this for free on the 3. This has always been speculate as a feature that we would lose in the M3. So plan on paying att 10 bucks a month if you need this. This is the least of my worries of what I will be paying for on this vehicle