Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introducing Tesla Caching!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little over a month ago I launched a project I came up with and wanted to let the Tesla community know about it.

TeslaCaching is my attempt to create a fun trackable game with Tesla owners.

This idea came from my wife's love of geocaching and the "trackables" they have travel from geocache to geocache. I thought that the Tesla community would be a great place to try something similar where we have cars travel from Supercharger to Supercharger. I got some Hot Wheels Teslas, drilled some holes, put on a label with a QR code, and linked it to a google form.

The process is simple. The cars are left at a Supercharger. When found they are logged by scanning the QR code and completing the short form. The owner who finds it can take it with them and leave it at another supercharger. In this way the car can travel the country from supercharger to supercharger.

We now have over 100 cars and have cars in 10 states from New Hampshire to California. One car in particular has traveled from Massachusetts to Indiana.

Follow us on Twitter at TeslaCaching (@teslacaching) | Twitter

Our website is www.teslacaching.com.

If you would like to help start some cars in your area shoot us an e-mail at [email protected]

Well, I dropped off a new one! I'd mis-identified the one I left last week, d'oh (sent you an email about it...got confused by the S name and that one wasn't on the list so I used one that was kind of close without realizing it). Oddly someone had MOVED that one, but not taken it. I retrieved it and put a new one down until the name list gets updated. Hopefully this one will get picked up sooner. I travel next week and can drop a few more.