Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory 2019 Model S 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Tesla site, did it show Enhanced Autopilot or Autopilot? I'm in the same boat - deciding amongst a 2018 100D at 82,700 (Autopilot) and a 2019 100D for $87,700 (autopilot), and a 2019 100D for $90,500 (enhanced autopilot). Confused as to the differences.

On the Tesla site, did it show Enhanced Autopilot or Autopilot? I'm in the same boat - deciding amongst a 2018 100D at 82,700 (Autopilot) and a 2019 100D for $87,700 (autopilot), and a 2019 100D for $90,500 (enhanced autopilot). Confused as to the differences.

These days, you will likely want enhanced autopilot/full self driving. Basic autopilot comes with a few features such as lane keeping (no changing lanes though), no summon etc. It was a recent change made by Tesla so if money isn’t an issue go for EAP and upgrade it to fsd at some point if it isn’t already upgraded.

It showed Enhanced Autopilot. I had them add full self driving for $3000 BEFORE I took delivery

I was in the same boat.

I didn’t want a 2018 for resale value although I would have preferred a 100D for the range.

Ultimately, having the latest technology with FSD in a 2019 for LESS than the cost of 2018 models seemed like the logical choice for me.

These days, you will likely want enhanced autopilot/full self driving. Basic autopilot comes with a few features such as lane keeping (no changing lanes though), no summon etc. It was a recent change made by Tesla so if money isn’t an issue go for EAP and upgrade it to fsd at some point if it isn’t already upgraded.
But prior to 2/28/19, wasn't AP2.5 more feature filled than today's AP? If I add FSD, won't that automatically give me AP3.0 HW when available?

You will love the car. If you plan to charge at home then range is not an issue, especially in Florida where you will not have cold weather affect range. I have an S75 RWD and have only used (free) supercharging a handful of times. No reason to lug around the extra weight of a 100kwh battery.

Just put a deposit on a 2019 model S 75D

It has enhanced auto but was able to add full self driving for $3000

Total cost $81,700

There is so much info out there.

Anything I should take into consideration? Did I make a good choice?

If you haven't taken delivery, I'd consider looking for inventory cars with bigger discounts. You might need to wait till June though for end of quarter discounts. Some 100D models were under 70k. My dad picked up a P100D for 77k new with white interior and EAP. The extra range helps for road trips as the S doesn't charge all that fast compared to the long range 3s.

All good advice above. Had my 75D in Boston last 2 winters down to -5 hitting range 40% and never have had range concern. I charge at night on L2@3kW/h and haven't had needed to upgrade charger yet. When I SC, car is always done before I am (and it's the "slowest" charging car). Unless you routinely travel over 500 mi a day you will be just fine with 75 imho (esp in FL where I could get 275-300 mi per charge)

I also have a 2018 Model S 75D, purchased this year in January as a pre-owned vehicle. So far the car has been a blast to drive, with a few minor irritations that have been fixed by their service department. As for the range question, I also go back and forth on whether the range will be sufficient for the long term. The biggest issue I have regarding range anxiety is the lack of fast-charging infrastructure available. Sure I can go to a hotel here in the Denver Tech Center and borrow one of their destination L2 chargers, but the charge rate is 15 - 30 miles an hour on most of them, not exactly synonymous with filling up a gas-powered car in 5 minutes at a gas station. We have at least 3 supercharger facilities around the city, but driving 20 miles there and back for a quick fill-up isn't ideal, when you're starting with 210-220 miles of total range at 90% charged.

There are two other DC fast charging standards in competition with Tesla in the US, CCS and CHAdeMO, and those are becoming quite common here in the Denver area. Tesla makes a CHAdeMO DC adapter cable, allowing you to charge a Tesla with the other team's DC charging infrastructure, while adding additional charge options to their proprietary supercharger network. I'm hoping they'll do the same for the CCS standard and release a compatible adapter cable so that both US DC standards are accounted for. Once DC fast charge options for Tesla become as ubiquitous as gas stations are to ICE cars, the whole discussion around range anxiety will be less of an issue. I have a Tesla as a second vehicle/daily driver, and with my gas vehicle I probably average between 150 - 200 miles between gas stops and never worry about finding a gas station down the road. When this happens for the EV charging infrastructure, I'll be a happy camper and I believe it is a matter of when and not if.