Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory prices are higher than custom order prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least in Vancouver the base M3 RWD price is $1300 higher for the Inventory stock than if you do a custom order. I can't see any additional features that would account for the price difference - though I may have missed it. Is this normal? Do they charge a premium because it's immediately available?

Ah you are correct and I missed that difference thank you.
That would explain why they are in inventory. Probably most people (like me) don't want to pay $1300 to have an interior that won't hide the dirt as nicely.
Idk what it is with the white interior but lot of them are coming in recently. I was at the local tesla showroom where they recently took delivery of 10 model 3 rwd and 9 of them had white interior. Bunch of white interiors popping in and out of inventory as well.

The white interior does look great, just saw one close up yesterday. But unless it's impervious to coffee and chocolate stains, not an option for us.
The stain protection on the white seats is really good and overall is easy to clean, but you’re gonna clean the seats more often just because you can see every little speck of dirt really well, even blue jeans can stain it. Yes, it all comes off when you clean it but you gotta leave some time on the side to clean em. That said the black seats get dirty as well (obviously) but you just won’t see it, so they’ll look cleaner for longer. You also don’t have to deal with the reflections from sun light on the black interior.

• Informative
Reactions: brulaz