Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered new MSLR yesterday and getting this message every 3 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

Ordered new MSLR yesterday and by now received around 5-6 messages saying "Immediate Delivery Available
New cars with low mileage matching your configuration along with cars featuring similar configuration"

Im not interested in those cars since they have different colors (all white) and configuration that i want.

But is this normal? I mean i understand they want to tell me about those inventory cars but sending me same message about it every 3 hours?

Also those cars are not even discontinued, the price is same as new one and some are even more!

These can be inventory, demo, or used vehicles.
The inventory vehicles are NEW, they are like the ones sitting on other dealers lots.

But yea, it does sound as if their mailer may be burping.

If your delivery is into the future and you'd like one earlier, this is often the best solution. Since the current delivery appears to be in September, this may make it a number of weeks earlier. Some people may not care about the color that much. And the inventory is regularly changing, so it may be worth a periodic look if you want one earlier.

With the price decrease, I suspect that the S and X lead times are going to be increasing. Remember, September is only an estimate, and it could be sooner or later.

Reactions: vegas888
Hi all!

Ordered new MSLR yesterday and by now received around 5-6 messages saying "Immediate Delivery Available
New cars with low mileage matching your configuration along with cars featuring similar configuration"

Im not interested in those cars since they have different colors (all white) and configuration that i want.

But is this normal? I mean i understand they want to tell me about those inventory cars but sending me same message about it every 3 hours?

Also those cars are not even discontinued, the price is same as new one and some are even more!
5-6 times? how? where? emails? I only see this message when I open the app, never as an app notification or email, just the message within the app.

Attachments

• IMG_9698.jpeg
    IMG_9698.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 71
These can be inventory, demo, or used vehicles.
The inventory vehicles are NEW, they are like the ones sitting on other dealers lots.

But yea, it does sound as if their mailer may be burping.

If your delivery is into the future and you'd like one earlier, this is often the best solution. Since the current delivery appears to be in September, this may make it a number of weeks earlier. Some people may not care about the color that much. And the inventory is regularly changing, so it may be worth a periodic look if you want one earlier.

With the price decrease, I suspect that the S and X lead times are going to be increasing. Remember, September is only an estimate, and it could be sooner or later.
"current delivery appears to be in September"
I just ordered it yesterday, do you think there is a possibility to be delivered this month?

Hi all!

I’d guess those messages are coming from your local Service Center, not Tesla. My MY was ready for pickup on a Tuesday, I had scheduled delivery for Friday morning. The SC drove me crazy with text after text about an earlier delivery, even said they were going to give the VIN to someone else.

I got kind of rude with the service center pointing out they had received my $29k down payment, give the car to someone else and we were going to have legal issues… The messages stopped.

I got kind of rude with the service center pointing out they had received my $29k down payment, give the car to someone else and we were going to have legal issues… The messages stopped.

I’m glad it solved the annoying issue but just FYI — that wouldn’t even remotely hold up.

Your reservation is for “a” car, not a particular VIN. They can - and routinely do - switch VINs.

Again, I’m with you to get the annoyances to stop but just fair warning, you wouldn’t have a leg to stand on …

Reactions: racerx2005
I’m glad it solved the annoying issue but just FYI — that wouldn’t even remotely hold up.

Your reservation is for “a” car, not a particular VIN. They can - and routinely do - switch VINs.

Again, I’m with you to get the annoyances to stop but just fair warning, you wouldn’t have a leg to stand on …
Correct. A good example is when buyers reject a car on delivery day for whatever reason, i.e. that car will get supposedly fixed and go to someone else.

"current delivery appears to be in September"
I just ordered it yesterday, do you think there is a possibility to be delivered this month?
There is always a possibility. But there's also a possibility of December. Tesla builds in batches, not "to order". If the batch that your order matches hit's the line, that's when yours occur.
As I always say, have your financing and insurance ready,

On Friday, just before noon on Memorial Day weekend, out of the blue (I about ignored what appeared to be a spam call) I get a call that my car was waiting for me to pickup Saturday. It had been years since I ordered it and the call was completely out of the blue. I'll admit that it was an early production Model 3. But Tesla really hasn't changed significantly in their delivery. As estimate is an estimate. Phone texts will come out of the blue, when you least expect it.