Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i have a blue/white/19/tow/no fsd on order with old pricing scheduled to be delivered late april-may. I know that if you get an inventory vehicle that they can match that VIN to your order if it matches the exact configuration. I also know that if you order an inventory vehicle you can remove fsd after ordering it. However, the inventory I found and ordered to try to get my car quicker, was the exact configuration except it had fsd. Anybody know if they will let me remove fsd and then match my old order pricing? Or will they say that technically inventory order does not match since it has fsd? Anybody have any experience with this?

There was a report here from someone that said that they ordered an inventory vehicle, then tried to get tesla to move it to their old order that had the old pricing and were told "no".

I think the best way to approach this is to assume that tesla does not particularly "want" to sell you the car at the old pricing, because that order is old, so assume they will not do anything to facilitate you making it easier.

They do normally remove FSD from an inventory vehicle, I believe, but I do not think you would get them to then put it with your existing order.

Reactions: radiantrattler
The Tesla rep. Who responds to my text messages basically told me the same thing.

If I find a local inventory, only a Tesla rep can try and merge them in real time or you loose your initial order deposit. Which likely means they will be too slow and you will lose the inventory posted by the discord tracker, etc.

I assume that guy that responds to my text messages is my SA, but he never introduced himself or even said his name (created my order on the Tesla site with no help from a representative at the time).

Yeah, I attempted to get an inventory model the other day. I called the SA and told him I could see it, he agreed to add it to my account but by the time he got approval from his supervisor, the model was gone. SMH. He told me next time, just pay the 250 and they'll merge it to my account, worst case, I'll lose my 250. My current question, is will I then also have to pay an extra 2K for FSD. I got it for 10K but the current price is 12K.

They matched my inventory purchase to my original order price as well, saving me three grand on a standard range. I had assumed at the time that was only because they had told me to take delivery or they were canceling my order, so they were being a little bit more flexible than I think they usually would be.