Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Investor CONSTRUCTIVE Suggestions and/or Requests of Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a Model 3 Tour across the country! Show the car in every Tesla Store and Service Center at least for a day or two so that all reservation holders would get a chance to sit in it (if not test-drive it). That would make a lot of reservation holders happy, plus it would generate great publicity through local press.

I wouldn't think Elon would normally be up for this idea but with his new compensation package and his hatred of the TSLA shorts maybe he would?

How do we help this happen?
Ideas:
-Tweet at Elon
-Tweet at Phil Lebau
-Tweet at other people at Tesla
-Get someone to bring it up at the shareholders meeting
-Email investor relations
-Elektrek publish an article about the idea
-Tweet at our friend Lora; oh wait, she's blocked us all because we aren't interesting

Appreciate those very helpful suggestions, particularly,

-Get someone to bring it up at the shareholders meeting
-Email investor relations
-Elektrek publish an article about the idea

We could have an effort here on TMC to clearly make the case for any of us attending the annual meeting in 6 weeks to consider raising this recommendation with the mic and Elon/Tesla's attention at the meeting.

Whether presented via emails to HR, at the annual meeting, or otherwise, I think part of making this suggestion effectively would be to present it with measured context, i.e., something like, "For reasons one can only speculate, there has been a growing phenomena of narratives about Tesla and its products that are incorrect being repeated frequently and loudly among many media outlets, to the point where all but a very active observer of Tesla could easily mistake these incorrect narratives as common knowledge. This being the case, we recommend,..." It wont help to present the idea in a way that offers anyone wanting to dismiss it an easier time at trying to spin/ridicule/dismiss it as a nonsense, cult blindness, etc.

fwiw, as to what Elon would be up to... it is true that he has generally done significantly less interviews the past year or two than years prior. That said, Elon explicitly stated during the NY Times Broder events in 2013, that when there is the issue of the reputation of his company's products taking a hit based on incorrect information, he will be heard. I strongly suspect that this applies not only to the products, but, also to when the misinformation hits levels we've already passed re the company. I think the fact that he did his interview with Gayle King a few weeks back is quite suggestive that Elon feels like we are at such a time.

Reactions: vinvin218
Any CNBC interview should be with Becky or Andrew. No offense to Phil, but it should be a business discussion not just auto. Becky interviews Buffett and can ask tough questions politely. Andrew would be good to focus on the vision.

Elon explicitly stated during the NY Times Broder events in 2013, that when there is the issue of the reputation of his company's products taking a hit based on incorrect information, he will be heard.

Great thread. Thank you for taking this on, @SteveG3. It is beginning to feel like your comment is very timely. Elon likes to be heard in situations that can make dramatic impact........mic-drop moments. Amidst all the FUD and what I believe is an unprecedented short position from a share price-perspective working feverishly to undermine the success of his company in the most visible way, what better than to let the discussions and forward looking statements of the Q1 meeting brutally beat down these attempts at the one time where Tesla has the potential to present itself on their own stage with all hands on deck, all on the heels of the China news, Beijing Auto Show success, Model 3 ramp, etc. A win needs to feel like a win, and this is going to be 2 outs, bottom of the 9th inning, and Elon with the support of Deepak and J.B. at the plate with bases loaded. The energy around this upcoming opportunity is staggering. It feels more like people who knew the huge potential for upside put the ball on a tee for him and staged the market accordingly.

I suggest Tesla to consider adding a few sub units.

1. Peer to peer payment, then add more services, turn this into the only bank/financial website we will ever need.
2. Content streaming, start with music, then add movies and news. Monthly subscription.
3. Digital entertainment and education, start with simple games, gradually add educational games. Monthly subscription.
4. Tesla Network phase one. The first phase is similar to Uber and Lyft, also allow users to lend/borrow cars.

All of these are software businesses, scalable with large addressable market. This will indirectly support Tesla's mission.

inspired by Gali Russell's participation on today's conference call and Elon's clear desire to bring in new voices to the Tesla conversation, I combined a few ideas I've been thinking about into the suggestion in the following tweet sent to both Elon and Tesla,

"Great call! What if you created a webpage where Tesla shareholders (authenticated similarly to shareholder proxy votes) could have a Reddit style AMA (best questions filtered up) w/you once a quarter? Respond to misinformation, answer thoughtful questions : )"

Please feel free to tweet or email this idea if you agree. For anyone not too familiar with twitter, by adding a "." before a twitter handle, i.e., .@elonmusk , the tweet can be seen by everyone (and liked, etc. so it gets more attention).

Of course, constructive feedback on this idea is welcome.

Elon has currently having a dialogue about his passing on questions he felt were from a short perspective, and his turning to investors, i.e., Galileo.

Seems like a VERY good time to tweet him any suggestions we have for improving communications with investors.

Please post suggestions to tweet Elon (and Tesla) here!

Please go to twitter if you have time and hit the "like" button for any suggestions that look good to you... the more "likes" a suggestion gets, the more prominent for Elon and Tesla to see it!

Here's a suggestion I like among the responses to Elon's thread... "like" it if you do. You can repost it if you find it useful.

"Yes! What if you created a webpage where Tesla shareholders (authenticated similarly to shareholder proxy votes) could have a Reddit style AMA (best questions filtered up) w/you once a quarter? Respond to misinformation, answer thoughtful INVESTOR questions : )"

another tweet suggestion,

"How about a new twitter thread or a Reddit AMA to crowd source suggestions to improve (long term) investor communications and better respond to the firehose of misinformation about Tesla?"

I suggest that Tesla fix the long-standing USB bugs. But then I've been suggesting that for years.

At some point, the PR issue won't be people criticizing Tesla based on false information and nonsense -- the press will eventually start reporting the *actual* problems with Tesla.

How about fixing them rather than letting them fester?