Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've enagaged lawyers in an attempt to recover FSD cost (Australian owner)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the event that you are successful in a refund, is there any kind of "warrant canary" you can post here with a promise to repost in x-days' time in the event you accept a settlement with an NDA?

For example:

1. My case has not settled.
2. I have not received a refund.
3. I will repost this verbatim in 1 months' time, omitting any statement that I am bound by law to not make.

If we don't hear back from you, we will assume you have settled and received a refund which includes an NDA.
Don't worry, I'll be keeping this thread updated with progress. So far, they haven't gotten back to me.

Quick update. I haven't heard back from Tesla yet. Still waiting.

The bad news is tesla have a team of in-house lawyers in australia (you can question why they need that) They will respond and drag it out until you realise the amount you are paying your lawyer is not worth it.
Good news for me is that the lawyers who are handling my case feel strongly that we can win if it goes all the way through. Plus, they're family and are handling my case pro bono.

Quick update.

I had written a detailed update but decided not to post it as things are still unfolding, and not much point giving too much info if things can change in an instant.

But in short...
  • Tesla refused to provide a refund for their own manufactured reasons without addressing our main concerns.
  • We are moving towards taking them to court. Which may be good for everyone else here (as it can set a precedent if it comes out in our favour).
  • After a long conversation between my lawyer and the ACCC, the ACCC are very, VERY interested in this. We haven't opened an official complaint with them yet and are waiting to hear back from Tesla first.

Quick update.

I had written a detailed update but decided not to post it as things are still unfolding, and not much point giving too much info if things can change in an instant.

But in short...
  • Tesla refused to provide a refund for their own manufactured reasons without addressing our main concerns.
  • We are moving towards taking them to court. Which may be good for everyone else here (as it can set a precedent if it comes out in our favour).
  • After a long conversation between my lawyer and the ACCC, the ACCC are very, VERY interested in this. We haven't opened an official complaint with them yet and are waiting to hear back from Tesla first.
Interesting. Look forward to updates as it progresses.

And what has the ACCC done about this themselves? "Ineffective" is the word that comes to mind.

While the ACCC can instigate actions itself or at the direction of the Minister, it mostly responds to complaints lodged by the public or a company alleging anti-competitive or illegal behaviour by another company.

In the broad spectrum of corporate malfeasance and anti-competitive behaviour in Australia, the non-delivery of FSD after 4 years would have been invisible to them until someone lodged a complaint, which has now happened.

I would be open to a transfer if there were some indication of when FSD would be coming out. I would expect to keep the new Tesla for 4 years and would love to have FSD for at least half that time.

The transfer is only available until end of this quarter, but I plan to buy the new Highland 3 Performance that has no release date yet. So even if I were willing, Tesla doesn't offer the transfer for then.
Hi good for you, I’m in the same situation and looking at starting a claim. Can you please tell me what lawyers firm you are using