Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ionity, LOL. 67p/kWh from 1st Feb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm expecting them to get competitive pricing, at least if those passes are very popular (I don't know if they are in the UK). In the Benelux, trying to overcharge people who have Newmotion passes would be commercial suicide...especially in the Netherlands, which also has FastNed.

For the moment it's €7.6 per session, regardless of length, via NewMotion. If you have a LR Model 3, that's ridiculously cheap for long sessions (evn when charging 20kWh it's still reasonable).

As I said, I expect that to change (that's still Ionity's introductory pricing), but I don't expect they'll get a rougher deal than Maingau does (which continues to charge €0.35/kWh for Ionity and have said that was not going to change).

Just installed Maingau app and setup free account. IONITY Mk showing as €0.40 kWh (33p / kWh). If it works- bonza! Not a bad option with Newport Pagnell not having a Northbound SC.

Edit: Forget this- app doesn’t take visa and wants a German bank account.

Last edited:
Then there is the ease with which you can tamper with it. Would be fairly simple to disable and drive anywhere, re-enable twice a week, or whatever. It would have to be in a tamper proof box and checked on MOT. Which means standards that car manufacturers have to follow, which means a long time before everyone agrees etc...

Far simpler to just install something similar to congestion zone in London in the entire UK. Starting with motorways.

Very good points and nothing a mesh bag wouldn't fix :D I'm fundamentally against the gov't having a tracking device in my car because it's a step towards strictly enforced speed limits, sensing hard acceleration etc.

Reactions: pow216
Just installed Maingau app and setup free account. IONITY Mk showing as €0.40 kWh (33p / kWh). If it works- bonza! Not a bad option with Newport Pagnell not having a Northbound SC.

I had issues setting my Shell account up with my preferred account (Mastercard Credit) so had to use a debit card instead.

I got an email from Maingau today. They’ve added the credit card option to the app. If you need to use Ionity (e.g. to avoid Northampton M1 Northbound which is often busy) then Maingau is €0.40/kW ~ 35p/kW instead of Ionity direct at 69p/kW :eek::(.

I’ve added my UK credit card to my Maingau app account successfully but haven’t had the opportunity to try this yet :rolleyes:. Maingau sent me an RFID card too.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.