Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ionity, LOL. 67p/kWh from 1st Feb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 8898C02D-1287-4D9C-A119-BFB3CF1C311A.png
    8898C02D-1287-4D9C-A119-BFB3CF1C311A.png
    656 KB · Views: 85
I tried 150kw E-on charger yesterday near starcity In Birmingham and that cost me 43p per kWh! Stupid thing is I only got a speed of 45kw and was in a rush thinking it would be faster than the 50kw charger around the corner that was 25p! Ohhhh how I learn lol

The car did feel faster with these premium electrons I put in! Wonder if Redex will do an electric version of their petrol/diesel additives :)

Isn’t that £30 for 60% charge or 200 miles?

Wasn’t it inevitable that with the mega fragmentation of charging infrastructure, companies are going to cash in. Electric is the new diesel. There’s money to be had.

It’s only going to get worse, with electric car demand rising sharply, folks need to charge.

Reactions: pow216
So, basically it's a strategy of "screw anyone but our sponsoring brands". Let's see how they do. Somewhat ironic that their own brands have so far very little market penetration.

Ahhhha so drivers of Audis etc may get more sensible rates? That's quite a clever response to the Tesla supercharger network (where others cannot charge at all). They now get a network for a few brands and keep the Tesla owners off it except when desperate.

I suspect that it the exact reason, however the companies you talk of I assume are paying for it on the owners behalf in one way or another.
I can see this being an option to the car right now, 5k for free IONITY charging for life.

I thought this was familiar so just searched and found this "Volkswagen also said the ID 3 First edition will be offered with 2000kWh of free charging at public charging points using the firm's We Charge app, on a European charging network. "

Now they can say that 2000kWh is worth £1400 :D

Everytime I have used IONITY I have had to call the helpline to get the charge started remotely.
I wonder if they will now charge for that too.

I'm just glad that, as a Tesla owner, I don't have to rely on the expensive (and getting more so!) and unreliable public superchargers in Europe.

Reactions: pow216
Everytime I have used IONITY I have had to call the helpline to get the charge started remotely.
I wonder if they will now charge for that too.

I'm just glad that, as a Tesla owner, I don't have to rely on the expensive (and getting more so!) and unreliable public superchargers in Europe.
Agreed, let’s just hope that Tesla continues to build out the network to keep up with the delivery of new vehicles. Or we end up with a situation like California with long queues during vacation periods, etc, and “time is money” as well.