Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IOS Shortcuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know of a shortcut to get hotspot to automatically enable on my iphone when it connects to bluetooth or something? As it stands, i have to login to my iphone, go to settings, go to the hotspot page, and only then will it start discovering. Thanks to the recent Tesla 24.x update, at least i don't have to manually turn on wifi in the car every time as well.

You can set one up for connecting to bluetooth, but you still have to confirm that it will run.

Location based, bluetooth connection, and several other really useful triggers still require confirmation before the shortcut will run.

Reactions: E30-4ME
Upvote 0
You can set one up for connecting to bluetooth, but you still have to confirm that it will run.

Location based, bluetooth connection, and several other really useful triggers still require confirmation before the shortcut will run.
Someone posted in some post (I forget where, sorry), that in iOS15, you can create custom Focus behaviors that are location based (leave/arrive) and these don't require confirmation.

Then, you can add that focus to a shortcut that has your open or close garage door shortcut in it.

Haven't tried it out.

Edit: found the post. It's for iOS15 beta, but they didn't take it out in the production version from what I can tell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0