TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

iOS Tesla App - Can one login operate multiple cars?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by arijaycomet, Mar 14, 2015.

1. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Cleveland, Ohio
    We are looking at a second Model S (a lease for the wife) and I was just curious, will we each have to login using our own user name and password? Or if we wanted could we actually link BOTH cars to the same account? I know when I hit the top left corner menu button it shows my car in a "list" -- but, can that list show a 2nd/additional car?

At the store the other day I saw there is an app specifically for the employees that gives them control over multiple cars, so I guess the question is does such an animal exist for consumers?
  2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    San Mateo, CA
    Yes the app can show multiple cars under the same account login. Just tell Tesla that is what you want when you order the second car.

For your second Tesla you can have a separate account created with its own login. But I do not know if you can then link the accounts so both cars will be available in the app under one login, or if you will have to exit the app and log back in using the second login to see the second car.

Ask Tesla but confirm their answer by asking a second person independent.y of the first. Sometimes the salespeople in the showrooms do not know the correct answer to infrequently asked questions.
  3. Blathering1

Blathering1 Remember

Sep 16, 2013
    USA...Carolina...Chapel Hill
    The app support more than one car. When you have more than one car associated, the app has a 'switch vehicle' function on the main menu.

Mine showed that when I had two P85s for a brief stint.
  4. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

May 11, 2013
    Hammond, LA
  5. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Multiple cars on one account. I believe this was one of the reasons for allowing us to name our cars so we can differentiate between them in the app.