Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPad mounting for kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to start doing more road trips after my model S arrives. However I need some way of entertaining my 1 year old son. Any ideas for mounting an iPad for him to watch movies?

Hi @rw86347 iPad must be the single greatest invention travelling with kids. I have a 7 and 9 yo and still getting use on trips. I invested in a cradle that I attach with suction mount to the centre console, was a cheapie from eBay, but works great. When not being used is 2 secs to remove. Here is my setup:

IMG_5166.JPG

IMG_5167.JPG

Reactions: JPUConn
@bradjc i need that. Had my iPad (in otterbox case) wedged between driver and passenger seat with some jackets for a long drive with 3 small kids yesterday and it was less than ideal.

Anyone consider mounting to the pano glass? I'm hesitant to try as I'm not sure about crash safety

I used a Ram iPad mount and suctioned it to the pano roof for a trip between Connecticut and Florida with my 14yo daughter and her friend. They watched movies with sound through the car sound system. It was positioned on one side so it didn't block my rear view. Worked great.

Benefit is that they were looking up not down so no issues with motion sickness.

Not sure about the crash concern. it would be a projectile regardless of where it is during a crash.

Reactions: JPUConn
I used a Ram iPad mount and suctioned it to the pano roof for a trip between Connecticut and Florida with my 14yo daughter and her friend. They watched movies with sound through the car sound system. It was positioned on one side so it didn't block my rear view. Worked great.

Benefit is that they were looking up not down so no issues with motion sickness.

Not sure about the crash concern. it would be a projectile regardless of where it is during a crash.

Nice one! I thought about hanging from pano but was worried with all the weight hanging from a suction cup, a good one would have no probs though. @shelbri how did you connect through the sound system? I tried that via Bluetooth and the audio sync with a movie was way off. I used to do that in my last car and connected via 3.5mm input and then selected sound through only the rear speakers and was a good setup. No aux option here so we end up giving the kids headphones when we get sick of the movie. ;-)

We just used the Bluetooth. While I couldn't see the video, they never mentioned it being out of synch. They watched Jurassic World and there was a scene where a dinosaur jumped out, I heard the roar of the dino and then the shrieks from my daughter so it couldn't have been too off. :D

I did the ipad wired down to the 12v charger.

• Funny
Reactions: JPUConn and bradjc
Reactions: bradjc