Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 12 Pro mount recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 7 week old 2021 M3 and an iPhone 12 Pro. While I really love the wireless charging pad and have tried to get used to the location I find it's just hard to see and access. I still rely on Waze as an adjunct to the built in nav, use Apple Music, and some other tasks via Siri. So it would be nice to have it in better view. Anyone have any clean, easy mounts they have found that also have wireless charging? I know it would need to be wired to a usb port so would want that to be as clean as possible too although not sure how that could be accomplished. Any recommendations? Thanks.

This is a Combination of two phone mounts. The charger is a Choetech wireless MagSafe charger that uses a ball mount. The mount is an mpow suction mount. I can’t find the wireless charger on Amazon anymore.

Attachments

• 67788FDB-B40A-4AB6-A2AB-0FA730E6F0D6.jpeg
    67788FDB-B40A-4AB6-A2AB-0FA730E6F0D6.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 9C5F12CF-A338-4365-871B-832B74A60505.jpeg
    9C5F12CF-A338-4365-871B-832B74A60505.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 0EEE9C6D-CA18-403A-92D6-861273EDDECE.jpeg
    0EEE9C6D-CA18-403A-92D6-861273EDDECE.jpeg
    560.5 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: Schulmann
This is a Combination of two phone mounts. The charger is a Choetech wireless MagSafe charger that uses a ball mount. The mount is an mpow suction mount. I can’t find the wireless charger on Amazon anymore.
Thanks. I recently found this one linked below which looks promising. Would still have to figure out how to neatly wire it.

Check this one out. I ended up removing it and getting a taptes charging pad which moves the phone up just a bit and allows charging in landscape though. It was going to be a lot of work and modding to do a clean charging cable install with it.

I emailed Jowua about how to clean install their wireless charging car mount in a 2021 M3. They actually sell a USB-C cable with L shaped connecter that is designed to utilize the rear USB-C port and then tuck into the trim and the right length to reach the mount. Mount and usb cable linked below. I'm really thinking about this combo as it seems to meet my needs - nice design that attempts to match interior decor, good position for waze or other uses, no permanent adhesive, wires fairly well hidden.

I just ordered the iOttie Easy One Touch 5, as I had amazing experience with their older models too.

The Tesla dash phone mounts that just connect to the side of the dashboard are making rattling noises and aren't steady.

I emailed Jowua about how to clean install their wireless charging car mount in a 2021 M3. They actually sell a USB-C cable with L shaped connecter that is designed to utilize the rear USB-C port and then tuck into the trim and the right length to reach the mount. Mount and usb cable linked below. I'm really thinking about this combo as it seems to meet my needs - nice design that attempts to match interior decor, good position for waze or other uses, no permanent adhesive, wires fairly well hidden.

Any pics of the completed install?