Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 12 pro wireless charge problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new iPhone 12 pro and can no longer charge wirelessly. I have the 70 reg 2019 Model 3 that came with the wireless charger and new frunk design.

I don’t have my old phone to test unfortunately.
Anyone else with the same configuration?

Thx

Still no joy. I tried a reset (scroll wheels) and a power/on/off. I also tested the wireless pad plugged in via the rear usb c. Nothing from the wireless pad. FYI the phone will charge via a cable from the various usb c outlets (front and rear).

Hi, I noticed a problem wireless charging last night with my 12 pro, thought it was my apple silicone case that was the issue initially but on trying on a qi charger at home with and without the case it still didn't work, did a reset of the phone (up,down volume followed by pressing the power button on the phone until the apple appeared) and seems to work fine on my desktop charger and the Tesla charging mat with the case on.

The charging coils have shifted on the 12pro for sure. I have an Anker standup Qi charger and my 12pro will no longer charge while standing up right (or upside down) it will register theres a charger there but won't charge. Laying the phone on its side will charge the phone. Hopefully a magsafe solution is in the works unless someone 3d prints a holder for the magsafe charger (not sure if it will charge the full 15w depending on the plug option) or just adjust the existing 3d templates to accomodate the shift in the coils placement.

The last 2 BMW's I have been in would not even fit an iphone pro with a very minimal case in the wireless charger slot. Something which seemed like a massive oversight, since on the Venn diagram of iphone pro owners and BMW owners I am guessing there is significant overlap.