Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 15 Action Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lord Farquad

2022 MYLR W/B/20s/Tow bar. Previously 2021 M3SR+
Aug 20, 2021
North West
So I’ve just bought an iPhone 15 Pro Max and watched some videos on using the action button to shortcut the Tesla app.

I’ve set mine to access a menu that allows me to:

Lock
Unlock
Frunk
Boot
Precondition
Emissions Test

I like this feature, allowing me to complete these much easier than opening the phone, opening the app and setting ding the functions the “old fashioned” way.

Anyone with other neat ways of using the action button with Tesla?

I've set up an action that opens the boot when the phone is upright & the charging flap when the phone is upside down. They are the only two things I would really want while on the move & approaching the car. Neither have any kind of confirmation or need to confirm anything on the screen, so I can use them with phone in my pocket.

Other things like precondition I don't mind using the widget on the home screen while out & about or I usually just use Home Assistant while at home. I don't recall any time I've ever unlocked or locked the car manually. Maybe once when my phone didn't work after a car update & I had to use the key card...

Reactions: Lord Farquad
I've set up an action that opens the boot when the phone is upright & the charging flap when the phone is upside down. They are the only two things I would really want while on the move & approaching the car. Neither have any kind of confirmation or need to confirm anything on the screen, so I can use them with phone in my pocket.

Other things like precondition I don't mind using the widget on the home screen while out & about or I usually just use Home Assistant while at home. I don't recall any time I've ever unlocked or locked the car manually. Maybe once when my phone didn't work after a car update & I had to use the key card...
I didn’t realise you could do that.

It’ll be interesting to see how others have been set up, as it might give some really innovative ideas (like yours).