TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

IPhone and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jiaotong, Jan 21, 2013.

1. jiaotong

jiaotong Member

: ( I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Firmware 4.0

My iphone pairs with no problem. I can use it as a phone perfectly. Every time I get in the car it pairs up fine. However, it seems somewhat random as to when it appears as a device under media. When it does, I can stream Spotify without issue. Sometimes I will get in the car and it is there and no problems other I cannot get it no matter what (reboot iphone etc )
    Any thoughts on the spordaic nature? Any ideas on what I can do to make it more deterministic (one way or the other) ?
    Waiting for 4.2 UG. Maybe that will help; but bad 3G at work and not so great in the garage : (

thanks,
    jim

2. MitchL

MitchL S#945

I've had this happen several times, and for me it's sporadic.

It tends to happen more often when I go in/out of bluetooth range often, like unloading groceries with my phone in my pocket.

*sometimes* it cures itself if I walk away from the car (car turns off and locks) and come back later.

I find that if I delete and re-pair the phone the media comes back and everything's good for a while. It's annoying to have to do this.

One paranoid thing I do now is if I'm listening via bluetooth, I switch to the radio before I get out of the car. Not sure if that does anything.

I'm still on firmware 1.x (pre-4.0).

/Mitch.

3. jiaotong

jiaotong Member

After upgrading to 4.2 this seems to be much more predictable. Each time I return to the car iPhone is available under My Devices

4. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

#4 EdA, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    Today I lost the media connection over Bluetooth with my iPhone.
    The phone part is working fine. I deleted the phone and re-paired it...but still nothing.

I recently got the new iOS update 6.1.2 (?)

Any way I can get my media connection back?

----

I rebooted the computer and it is back.

5. jiaotong

jiaotong Member

I found when this happened I would touch the bluetooth icon and then select media device and it was good to go again. obviously this only works if the bluetooth is connected.