Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IPhone and Bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
: ( I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Firmware 4.0

My iphone pairs with no problem. I can use it as a phone perfectly. Every time I get in the car it pairs up fine. However, it seems somewhat random as to when it appears as a device under media. When it does, I can stream Spotify without issue. Sometimes I will get in the car and it is there and no problems other I cannot get it no matter what (reboot iphone etc )
Any thoughts on the spordaic nature? Any ideas on what I can do to make it more deterministic (one way or the other) ?
Waiting for 4.2 UG. Maybe that will help; but bad 3G at work and not so great in the garage : (

thanks,
jim

I've had this happen several times, and for me it's sporadic.

It tends to happen more often when I go in/out of bluetooth range often, like unloading groceries with my phone in my pocket.

*sometimes* it cures itself if I walk away from the car (car turns off and locks) and come back later.

I find that if I delete and re-pair the phone the media comes back and everything's good for a while. It's annoying to have to do this.

One paranoid thing I do now is if I'm listening via bluetooth, I switch to the radio before I get out of the car. Not sure if that does anything.

I'm still on firmware 1.x (pre-4.0).

/Mitch.

Today I lost the media connection over Bluetooth with my iPhone.
The phone part is working fine. I deleted the phone and re-paired it...but still nothing.

I recently got the new iOS update 6.1.2 (?)

Any way I can get my media connection back?

----

I rebooted the computer and it is back.

Last edited: