Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone app access to Service Bookings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Log in online, click the account tab, click contact, then you’ll see add ‘additional contact’. Add their email address and Tesla will send them an email to set up as an additional driver. Won’t work if you’re leasing and having the problems listed above mind....

hope that helps
Thanks for that. I wasn’t sure what the additional contact was for. My wife also drives the car but so far we are both using my Tesla account login for the iOS phone app. I have now put her in as the additional contact. Not sure it’s really necessary given our current arrangement has been working fine, but let’s see how long it takes for Tesla to send her an email.

Tesla recommended that wife and me share the same account. Don't have the logging out issues that some seem to have. Only downside is that its her car so she is primary contact so she gets most of the service texts from them and I get the strange looks when I turn up to the appointment and get a "you don't look like a Tanya" from them

same thing, and I’m leasing through Arval, organised by my Broker, Yorkshire Fleet.

I’ve been in regular contact with Arval and Tesla... Tesla are drip feeding me a short email reply once a week without properly resolving it yet...

the issue I’m told is that we’ve been set up as additional users - another email address (likely an Arval one, although Arval deny ever setting this up, and they say it’s a Tesla error) is registered as the primary user of the car.

Arval have got the hump with Tesla as they don’t know why it’s been set up like this - I have written permission from Arval that’s been forwarded to Tesla to ask them to set my email up as the primary account holder, and they’ve also sent a request direct to Tesla to do this too. Still waiting for Tesla service to pull their finger out and sort it.

It’s a pain because I can’t add my fiancé as an additional driver so she can set up her Tesla account to use the car - the only way she can use her phone as a car key at present is to log in as me, which can log me out of the app. Not ideal, and not how it’s been designed to be used with multiple phones as keys.

I recommend getting onto Arval and asking them to change the primary user over to you - they should be able to do this. I’d also hit Tesla up yourself too - email your request to [email protected] (make sure you add your VIN to the email or it will add another week of waiting for them to come back to you and ask for it!)

It will be possible I’m told, but take some time, if my experience is anything to go by......

I had a reply today from Virtual Tesla - "Due to your vehicle being through a lease company, logging a service request does need to be done through them via a site called 1 link. I have passed this issue on to the app access team to be sure, they will be in contact with you soon"

Now, this seems to contradict comments from other leasing owners ?

I had a reply today from Virtual Tesla - "Due to your vehicle being through a lease company, logging a service request does need to be done through them via a site called 1 link. I have passed this issue on to the app access team to be sure, they will be in contact with you soon"

Now, this seems to contradict comments from other leasing owners ?
I lease (SG Fleet Via Octopus EV) and can do it through the Tesla app as normal. Had an appointment last year with no problems using the app.

Could be in your agreement with your lease company? Worth a check

Reactions: Chalks99